• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Track Day- North Texas

i just have to say this was the most fun i have ever had in my car!
i had a good instructor who tought me a few things. he was suprised with the performance of the SVT, made several comments about how well it handled throughout the day.
i will be doing this again, i'm hooked!

we missed you today, and you missed seeing me spin out wildly in turn 3. royaly f*ed up one of my Sparco rims. thats a minor detail though, so much fun it's worth it!

yep, my friend wanted to go really bad and he talked me into going too. let me know when you are up and running again and want to go, we'll plan another day. i want to go more.

i was powering out of a corner and lifted up on the throttle too quickly, which lightened my back end throwing me into a spin. i went off the track and my passenger front tire dug into the dirt/gravel, tire bead seperated and then the rim plowed through the gravel and got all chewed up. side skirt got ripped off too, but no real damage, just need to put it back on.

i'm going to take the wheel to Wheels America and see if they can grind it out and paint, if its beyond repair i'll have to buy another one, but the Sparco Asseto is relatively inexpensive as wheels go, so it's no reason to stay away from the track.

yep, my friend wanted to go really bad and he talked me into going too. let me know when you are up and running again and want to go, we'll plan another day. i want to go more.

i was powering out of a corner and lifted up on the throttle too quickly, which lightened my back end throwing me into a spin. i went off the track and my passenger front tire dug into the dirt/gravel, tire bead seperated and then the rim plowed through the gravel and got all chewed up. side skirt got ripped off too, but no real damage, just need to put it back on.

i'm going to take the wheel to Wheels America and see if they can grind it out and paint, if its beyond repair i'll have to buy another one, but the Sparco Asseto is relatively inexpensive as wheels go, so it's no reason to stay away from the track.

Ok. I wouldn't mind going soon. Just not with my car. I really don't like running a car hard in the summer, especially a turbo'd one. Most likely, i'll be ready in the fall. Glad to hear ur car's ok tho. Again, i can go & watch anytime soon.

planning to go back on November 10th. you interested? my buddy Bamikole is bringing his Acura out that day too, should be nice and cool- perfect time of year to run a turbo on the track :)

Back