• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

houston get together?

HotRodV6

CEG'er
Just thought id post this and see how many local cegers would be interested in setting up a get together. Maybe at the beach would be pretty sweet. Let's throw out some ideas.

Man im in Denton/Dallas area i would be down if i lived in Houston still lol......The almighty Contour svt has died here in Dallas,havent seen one driving around in years and im always driving around D/FW and not one

Man im in Denton/Dallas area i would be down if i lived in Houston still lol......The almighty Contour svt has died here in Dallas,havent seen one driving around in years and im always driving around D/FW and not one

U're not looking hard enough sir;). Mine comes out on weekends only. And i personally know 2 other DFW cegers. 2 others that i havnt met yet, & 1 in houston. If we really wanna make it happen, we can. Houston is only 4hrs away.

I use to know a guy named Andy in the d/fw back when i had a 99 mystique with svt front bumper and mirko splitter back in 2002-2003 but since i recently got back into csvts obsessively, i havent seen 1 csvt on the road. lol......But before i drive to Houston i would need alot of work done....Mine has the cracking harness real bad,the flickering lights bogging and stalling...lol

I use to know a guy named Andy in the d/fw back when i had a 99 mystique with svt front bumper and mirko splitter back in 2002-2003 but since i recently got back into csvts obsessively, i havent seen 1 csvt on the road. lol......But before i drive to Houston i would need alot of work done....Mine has the cracking harness real bad,the flickering lights bogging and stalling...lol

get her in tip-top shape then:).

well we could do something like a state wide meet and do in somewhere central, like Austin. Or i grew up in D/FW and still have family up there so id be ok with going there as well. Mines not a SVT but it does have some SVT goodies on it.

All contours rule lol..........i took my eo csvt wire harness out and tried to rebuild it and now my car wont start :(

Don't let me pass bad info, but if you DONT have a check engine light, but you should (ie; you know somethings bad, or you know a particular sensor isn't hooked up)... then your PCM is likely bad. I also replaced a bad harness in my E0, everything plugged-in great but she wouldn't start. Cranked, but not start. OBD2 scan tool couldn't connect to the PCM. Picked up a spare on the classified and it runs like a champ now.

I blew a few fuses hego and ignition now my pats light is ok, car turns over but wont start i might have misplaced one or four wire while i tried to rebuild it without knowing,it can get confusing with those fusable links but i ordered a harness from svttour,so ill find out as soon as i get it i hope i didnt blow my pcm,i better take my spare off for sale and keep it lol....Thanks

well we could do something like a state wide meet and do in somewhere central, like Austin. Or i grew up in D/FW and still have family up there so id be ok with going there as well. Mines not a SVT but it does have some SVT goodies on it.
Mine is a svt but was replaced with a se engine so for now i just put my svt uim and orange injectors i was to lazy to put my lim lol ill do it later i was going to pull the heads off a svt from a junkyard i found but i dont know how to do that yet might just snag the cams and black valve covers

cool, there isn't a whole lot of difference between the SE and SVT engine, just the cams, lim, uim TB, injectors and tune. And of course the black valve covers and uim.

Mine has new stock tan 17# injectors and the SVT lim, uim and TB and a cheap ebay air intake, stock tune as well, runs pretty strong, i felt a noticeable difference in the mid and top end of the power band. Ive got E1 SVT wheels as well and am gathering parts to upgrade the brakes using the NPG brackets.

I thought svt had higher compression pistons and a different head and valves too,but im not 100 percent,but yea for me the 25 hp isnt worth opening the engine up,for now ill wait till it blows lol, im happy i found this svt. But im fine with running my svt uim,tb and orange injectors with svt ecu on the regular duratec for now,ill put the lim on in the winter and if my engine blows later which i hope not for 2 years im going to put a 3.0 dohc in and just put orange injectors and svt tb and uim,lim and just run the svt ecu lol

Back