• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Heartland Park

I raced there a few years back. I just recently went w/ a buddy of mine in his RX-8 and we made about 5 laps w/ it. Here is a pic that I have from the time that I raced. My car really doesn't look like that anymore, but you get the picture.

Attachments

• fc7a6229.jpg
    fc7a6229.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 0
How do you like the new track? I havent been able to go on it, but I haven't heard anything bad about it yet.

I don't know when you saw the track. The first day I went on the rack it was raining a little and we were told to not accelerate on the drag strip because of the material used for the pavement gets really slick in which later we found out that was true. That same day we had at least 2 wrecks. 1 was a SVT Tour that hit the tires on the back stretch and we had a 99 Cobra hit the wall on the last turn going on to the drag strip air bags deployed as well. That day we had the track set up to turn right at the end of the front straight. The second day which was a dry day we had it set up to turn on a sweeping left which was pretty spooky.

A year or so later my friends I went to watch the “One Lap of America” and the track was set up a little different. At the end of the front straight it turned a little left and then back right. People were getting air almost every time and some weren’t even lifting off the accelerator that whole time. Those guys were amazing.

Like I said before I just recently went up there and since the last time I went they now have expanded and redid the track. They no longer go on the drag strip, but they do go on the left side of it so they don’t go on the strip at all. At the end of the straight it turns right and so on. I like the track the way it is now and I would feel more comfortable turning right then having to turn left get airborne (if I was to go that fast) then right like it was before.
I did video tape w/ his little digital camera when we were last up there.

We have been talking about going back in October when the Porsche guys are going to be there. Let me know when you are planning to go up there. I will see if we can meet up or something. I personally would like to go up there and get my feet wet again and try out my new suspension.

I don't remeber the old track much, before a year ago all I cared about was drag racing. Now, my friend and I (both owning contours) go up there alot when the Porsche Club is there. The last time I was there was at the SCCA event. There were a couple Ferrari's, most being 360 Challenge Stradale's, but there was also a 430 Challange!! I will most likely be there next month when the Porche's are there.

Sweet I will most likely see you there. My friend told me that the Ferrari guys usually show up on the Porsche events. When the time draws near we should get in touch.

You and your friend have anything done to your contours? You guys interested in Auto X at all? I thing there is a few events left at Arrohead and the Woodlands.

It wont be hard to miss me, I'll be standing out from the crowd. (6'7" :laugh:) We are both going to college right now so our budget is tight. I have lots of money saved up, but I recently lost my job, so I'll be needing to save as much money as possible to get me through this semester, unless I can find another good paying part-time job that works around my school schedule. I don't think my friend has put any money into his, and the only thing I've done is a kenwood in-dash receiver and Advanced Auto hubcaps to replace the ugly stock ones!

I have lived in Merriam KS my whole except for the last 4 years in Grandview MO. I buddy of mine lives in Lawrence who has a Silver SVT w/ 18" RS5s.

The SCCA National Championship Runoffs® Test Week is this week at HPT. Im going to try to make it there today after college.

Back