• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

DFW tuners?

cjmahone66

CEG'er
i'm looking for a Dyno tuner with xCal capability in the DFW area. anyone around here have any recommendations of shops to use (or to stay away from)? anyone familiar with Lonestar Performance in Addison? thanks.

I called like 12 places off of the SCT site dealer finder in dfw area including Dallas mustang. None really wanted to touch my CSVT, maybe because of the Hybrid engine. I did find a mazda race team shop in cresson texas and a shop, JKS in Mansfield both have dynos and were willing to look at it and do a tune. I have not been able to make it to any yet so this may not be a lot of help. I also talked to Alamo in Arlington but I have read mixed reviews on them and I dont think they have a dyno but of course they say they can do it.

i talked to Lonestar today, they want $450 for a N/A tune on the dyno. but they seemed a little hesitant about the SVTC. they didn't really instill much confidence in me. i think i'll call Nautilus and see what they have to offer. My mother-in-law lives in LA, so i guess i could drive out there for a weekend.

anyone know if $450 is a fair price for dyno xCal tune? i've never had one done before, so i just don't know.

I also talked to Lonestar, they did not really want to look at mine either. I have yet to get it tuned but the shop in JKS Mansfield wanted 350 for tune and dyno. Cant remember about the Mazda speed shop in Cresson but it seems like they were around 350 also. I think because they would both have to purchase the XCAL software for the CSVT.

Alamo website says they have a 2WD and AWD dyno. seems like they are heavy in the import scene though- won't expect them to be interested.
JKS is a little far from me, but i sent them an email anyway. looks like they do more Fords and domestics, so maybe they'll be more open.

Who has used Joey at Nautilus before? how has that process worked for you. i've read that he sends you a base tune, then you "data-log" it for a few weeks and then he uses that to dial in further? not sure i completely understand this whole data-logging process. how does that compare to haveing it on an actual dyno? someone who has gone through the process, please fill me in. thanks.

I can personally recommend Josh over at JKS Performance in Mansfield. Although I don't have a contour he spent many hours dialing in my Lightning on the dyno. I was very pleased with the time and care he used to get my truck dialed in right.

I know I am newb on the site but think you will be pleased with his shop.

Back