• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

need helping hands...

This is a bit sad...not a single reply. I am down there about once a month and could possibly help out if you still need it by the next time I am there. I don't know when exactly that will be but I will check back with you if it is soon.

Why do you need help? Its easy Ive pulled and installed motors by myself with no one around. Jack the engine up in the air bend over to see if it clears the cross member if it does push it over the engine bay. If it doesnt keep jacking... then drop it in increments of 2-3 inches at a time. Hold it in place walk to both sides of the car to make sure it wont catch on anything and repeat untill the engine is settled.

This is a bit sad...not a single reply. I am down there about once a month and could possibly help out if you still need it by the next time I am there. I don't know when exactly that will be but I will check back with you if it is soon.

thx cuda:). and i thought vegas had no Cegers... its all good tho. i had a friend come by & help me put it back in today. thx for volunteering.

Why do you need help? Its easy Ive pulled and installed motors by myself with no one around. Jack the engine up in the air bend over to see if it clears the cross member if it does push it over the engine bay. If it doesnt keep jacking... then drop it in increments of 2-3 inches at a time. Hold it in place walk to both sides of the car to make sure it wont catch on anything and repeat untill the engine is settled.

I'm sure it can be done sam. I just didnt wanna take that risk cuz it isnt my car. Besides a single mistake could be very costly. For example, a wiring harness or an electrical plug could get caught in sumthn, and i'd be in a world of hurt in trying to replace it. Also, the prepped engine was still on the stand. I needed hands to reinstall the new clutch & flywheel, and to bolt on the tranny. U know, as the flywheel will keep turning... A perfect swap done solo is definitely possible. But i'm not that lucky. Besides, u're the pro, not me. This is only my 3rd swap:D

Glad to see you had some help getting it in. I'm too far away to help anymore :D

3rd swap you should be flying through them Ive only done like 10-15 lol

wow. thats a lot...

Glad to see you had some help getting it in. I'm too far away to help anymore :D

I'm sure u would've helped out if u were close joe:). The long time cegers are always down to help, no doubt. We just gotta instill in the newbs the culture of helping that's been long established here on CEG.

Back