• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aug 7: Dallas, TX - Cars and Coffe

Looks like I'll be there. I don't know how long I'll be able to stay, but I'll make it. Nature gave mine a pressure wash tonight. :D It's as presentable as it's going to get while I live out of a hotel room.

Julian, I don't know if it's feasible, but if there's any way to save a parking space or two next to you, I'll cruise around until I see the SVT and park there.

ha! yeah, i finished detailing right b4 the rain started. i'll do what i can. shouldnt be a problem. not many would wanna park next to a contour anyway:laugh:

got some fotos for u guys, especially the pages;)

08072010047.jpg

08072010048.jpg

08072010050.jpg

this was parked right next to me

08072010051.jpg

08072010052.jpg

08072010054.jpg

08072010053.jpg

luv this one. the guy said it gets almost 45miles to the gallon.

08072010055.jpg

08072010057.jpg

08072010058.jpg

08072010060.jpg

08072010062.jpg

and mine of course:). the roads here in dallas have ruined my mirko again, so i went without it. i got so many questions & looks on my car. i guess most texans dont know what an svt contour is.

08072010064.jpg

Love the Saleen. Aside from the looks and the questions, what was the feedback?

almost all positive. as u can see in the photo, i placed a dealer photo & the certificate on it. so the first words that came out of their mouths as they walked by was "svt? i didnt know ford made an svt contour." and then the questions came. when i told them it had over 300ponies to the wheels, most thought that was pretty cool, as they walked around the car to take better looks. even the subbie guys were amazed, as they hadnt seen anything like it. i never felt prouder to own an svt:)

almost all positive. as u can see in the photo, i placed a dealer photo & the certificate on it. so the first words that came out of their mouths as they walked by was "svt? i didnt know ford made an svt contour." and then the questions came. when i told them it had over 300ponies to the wheels, most thought that was pretty cool, as they walked around the car to take better looks. even the subbie guys were amazed, as they hadnt seen anything like it. i never felt prouder to own an svt:)

Thanks for the Pics Julian, I hated not being there and missing you and John, looks like it was a lot of fun. I may try and go up there next month. Yea unbelievable how even the stang guys never heard of a csvt. Car looks great and I really like the head lights! Did you do the work on them? More pics John!

Car looks great and I really like the head lights! Did you do the work on them? More pics John!

no. they're morrettes. a french company that makes them made a prototype a few years ago with the intent of supplying them to north american contour owners. unfortunately, they decided against making them. these are the prototypes.

Those were originally on M!key's car (which also had the blood red interior that's been floating around on the classifieds).

Here's the link to the album for my Cars & Coffee pics.

And here are some of my favorites:
1005698.jpg

1005701.jpg

If you look closely, you can see Julian's SVT in the background, as well as the nose of my RX peeking out:
1005704q.jpg

1005705.jpg

1005708b.jpg

Look at the size of these freakin' calipers and discs! The discs are damn near as big as most WHEELS! :shocked:
1005706e.jpg

You really get a feel for just how big and bloated Hondas have become when you look at this old Civic:
1005710o.jpg

After all, today's Civic is larger than the Accord was during this time period. Check out how the gearshift is mounted:
1005712.jpg

Super nice Karman:
1005718.jpg

Last edited:
Another Vee-Dub.... :rolleyes: :
1005716.jpg

GORGEOUS (and rare) '69 1600 Cabriolet:
1005719.jpg

1005720i.jpg

I want this thing SOOOO badly!
1005721v.jpg

1005729b.jpg

Something similar to how I envision my RX7 will look one day:
1005713h.jpg

So clean. It's been modified with the TII drivetrain. I LOVE the trunk spoiler!!
1005714.jpg

And my modest showing. I actually managed to snap a pic with two people in it that actually went out of their way to look at my girl:
1005733m.jpg

I had a lot of fun at this, even though I really didn't get to stay as long as I wanted. I had an unenthusiastic female along...tends to cut the fun short. Now that I've been to one, I'll be aiming to make it to more in the future. Maybe even clean the car up and fix a few issues specifically for the event. Lot's of nice people out. I had one gentleman (the owner of the other black RX7 convertible) find me, and we got to talk shop for a little bit. I learned a lot of useful new information from him. Gotta love it when a big chunk of metal and hydrocarbons brings you new friends.

Damn, those are nice cars. I wish we would have shows like that around here.

Back