• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my baby

SlimSVT

New CEG'er
Ok well I know I'm the new guy and all and you peeps in my area don't hear from me much so here's what's up with my baby. I threw a rod bearing in my 3L so yeah back to the svt power train. But don't worry people I have a crazy ass idea. I'm having the 3L rebuilt and I am buying my wife a contour sport and I am dropping the 3L into it. Hopefully cuda will still have the svt motor so I can drop it in mine and have her back soon cause I miss her so much. But don't worry people when I get the grey haired bitty back I am going to post so many pics of her. I can't wait. Hopefully I will have time within the next two weeks to get with cuda to get the heart and go from there its just hard when you work nights and 6 days a week to do much of anything lol. And any one know of a magenta svt in lubbock was seen at texas tech a few months back?

I do still have the original motor from that car and I will hold it for you if need be. Just an FYI though, it was in the car for 150k+ miles though so you may want to just drop another 3L into the car (for that reason and the added power a 3L brings). You could drop a full 3L into it for not too terribly much more money and about the same amount of time as it would take you to swap it back to the original 2.5L motor. Just something to think about.

A magenta SVT? Are you sure it wasn't T-Red? If it really was magenta then you need to grab some pics of that thing. I don't think I have seen a color like that on a CSVT before.

Oh most deff I will find out if it was tred or magenta I'm just hopping the person wasn't a college kid and moved back home sence school is out. As for doing another 3L that option is still in my mind, I'm trying to find a descent block and have my guy just switch everything over cause he said he could do it in no time.

Back