• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Two questions

SlimSVT

New CEG'er
I have looked online and can't find it. How do I remove the bottom mesh grill insert, because I am repaicing it and I can't seem to figure it out without pulling alot off. Would also like to add that the contour sence we bought it has 170379 on it now and has not used any oil but did replace the battery. Would also like to add that if you get to buy a contour from cuda06 your buying gold. Haha. Also what is a good bolt or pin to use to reattach a side skirt

I hate to ask...but what happened to the side skirt(s)? I guess I am not quite following what you need in regards to them so a pic or two may help. They are originally attached with plastic body pins and slip in brackets. If you are looking to replace the plastic pins then you can get small boxes of very similar ones at an auto parts store.

In regards to the mesh, there are numerous metal clips that pinch sections of the mesh to sections of the bumper. It would probably be easiest to get the car up on some ramps, pull the lower front tray, roll under the car from the front and look back toward the backside of the mesh. When you locate the clips just carefully pry them apart and slip them off. The mesh will slide right out once you have removed all of the clips. That is if I read your post correctly and you are talking about the lower front section between the fogs.

BTW, I have a bunch of pictures of that car. If you want them just let me know and I will see about getting them to you.

Back