• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

hello:)

BAD SVT

Addicted CEG'er
so i might be moving to dallas pretty soon. just wanted to see what the car scene is like out there. and if theres anything vital i should know. hows the traffic in dallas? traffic gives me stomach aches. lol. thx:)

Better stock up on some Pepto then. Traffic can be a nightmare in Dallas. Especially 635. I love the city, but probably would have road rage issues if I lived there. Lots of car scenes, but the Contour crowd pretty much sucks. The only meets we've had that were planned and happened have been in west Texas of all places. Myself, cuda06, and ancientsanskrit seem to be the most active and willing to meet. Maybe with a few more people moving to the area we can kick-start some more activity here.

I am down there on a pretty regular basis but I don't have a contour anymore. I would still be up for checking out that monster of yours sometime though. Let me know if you end up down there.

Better stock up on some Pepto then. Traffic can be a nightmare in Dallas. Especially 635. I love the city, but probably would have road rage issues if I lived there. Lots of car scenes, but the Contour crowd pretty much sucks. The only meets we've had that were planned and happened have been in west Texas of all places. Myself, cuda06, and ancientsanskrit seem to be the most active and willing to meet. Maybe with a few more people moving to the area we can kick-start some more activity here.

:laugh: thx. good to know:). funny enough wiki said the 635 is nuts as well. yeah. am always down for some meets. we never have any here in vegas well.

+1 for south central...if you don't mind me asking why are you moving? If you're ever in KC let me know and we can meet up
i lost a major client here in vegas due to the economy. thankfully i got another. except its in dallas.

I am down there on a pretty regular basis but I don't have a contour anymore. I would still be up for checking out that monster of yours sometime though. Let me know if you end up down there.
mos def. she luvs to show off anyway;). i'll be posting when i do indeed end up out there.

The economy is doing great down in Texas. We have three of the top ten markets in the US right now.

If you don't mind me asking, what is it that you do?

what other rides do u have?

1979 Fiat X1/9 (basket case - bought as a parts car or project, neither went anywhere)
1994 GMC 3500 crew cab dually - turbo diesel
1995 Nissan Hardbody XE - my $200 beater that routinely makes the 1250 mile round trip from Graham to Houma. :laugh: (and currently one of my favorites of what I own)
1996 Contour - $200 BABE Rally car
1996 Contour - BABE Rally replacement car - For sale, but no listing made yet for it.
1995 Contour - parts car w/ leather interior
1998 Contour SE - First brand new car purchase ever, and the one car that will have to be pried from my cold dead hands.
1998 SVT Contour #2993 - Currently for sale in the classifieds.
1998.5 SVT Contour - 37k mile basket case. Black, blown motor, Vortec supercharger, and one poorly done but wicked looking cowl hood.
2002 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Silverado Classic
2006 Hyundai Azera Limited Ultimate (the highway cruiser) - Second brand new car purchase

Also with wheels: '96 Rockwood 5th wheel trailer w/ 14' slide (currently a part-time residence for me in S. Louisiana, and the reason I bought the GMC)
Also with wheels: the trailer holding up my basket case 18' motor boat.

How's that for lunacy?? :crazy:

Currently licensed and insured: the Azera, GMC, Nissan, the SE, 5th wheel, and the motorcycle.

The GMC and 5th wheel were added to the stable in February....completely wrecking the New Year's resolution to simplify and reduce the number of cars I own. But I do have bites on three of the rides, so I may yet salvage that resolution before the end of the year (hope springs eternal). However, there is a local 2000 T-Red/tan SVT in outstanding condidtion that I'll probably pick up if I can unload at least two vehicles.

Last edited:
1979 Fiat X1/9 (basket case - bought as a parts car or project, neither went anywhere)
1995 Nissan Hardbody XE - my $200 beater that routinely makes the 1250 mile round trip from Graham to Houma. :laugh: (and currently one of my favorites of what I own)
1996 Contour - BABE Rally replacement car - For sale, but no listing made yet for it.
1998 Contour SE - First brand new car purchase ever, and the one car that will have to be pried from my cold dead hands.
1998.5 SVT Contour - 37k mile basket case. Black, blown motor, Vortec supercharger, and one poorly done but wicked looking cowl hood.
2006 Hyundai Azera Limited Ultimate (the highway cruiser) - Second brand new car purchase

Also with wheels: '96 Rockwood 5th wheel trailer w/ 14' slide (currently a part-time residence for me in S. Louisiana, and the reason I bought the GMC)

Currently licensed and insured: the Azera, GMC, Nissan, the SE, 5th wheel, and the motorcycle.

The GMC and 5th wheel were added to the stable in February....completely wrecking the New Year's resolution to simplify and reduce the number of cars I own. But I do have bites on three of the rides, so I may yet salvage that resolution before the end of the year (hope springs eternal). However, there is a local 2000 T-Red/tan SVT in outstanding condidtion that I'll probably pick up if I can unload at least two vehicles.

thats a lotta cars...

You know John, it is much simpler when you amass a collection of bikes instead. I have found out they take up much less space. Also, you should quit hassling me about the black CSVT. I already think about how I can justify that to myself enough. If you keep it up I may just have to act on it...

:eek:

also, you should quit hassling me about the black csvt. I already think about how i can justify that to myself enough. If you keep it up i may just have to act on it...
PSSSST! Hey buddy.....wanna buy a Contour?

She's just sitting there, waiting for you to create a monster out of her. You know you want to. I know you want to. The car knows you want to. :laugh: DO EEEEET! I'd even give you a deal on the grey leather interior out of the parts car. You'd be the only one around that I know of with a black on grey SVT. :cool: It's where I'm heading with it if I ever manage to start on it.

Last edited:
PSSSST! Hey buddy.....wanna buy a Contour?

She's just sitting there, waiting for you to create a monster out of her. You know you want to. I know you want to. The car knows you want to. :laugh: DO EEEEET! I'd even give you a deal on the grey leather interior out of the parts car. You'd be the only one around that I know of with a black on grey SVT. :cool: It's where I'm heading with it if I ever manage to start on it.

Man...dangit...

You have a PM

Hmmm. 2002 in Dallas. If I remember correctly, Lunch on Friday, Dyno, Show and Shine, dinner and drag on Saturday and track event on Sunday. I didn't take many pics. Here are two that I found.
2..jpg
1..jpg

Back