• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spotted: TX-OK-LA

IRingTwyce

I ROCK at bumper cars!
Graham, TX: a place so nice, they rob your house t
...of all places. First time in the 10 years I've lived here that I've seen an SVTC that wasn't my own, or someone that was here because of me. Spotted it pulling into the Best Western. This baby was CLEAN too. E1, no dash warp, no front plate and no plate holes either. Otherwise, looked completely stock.

Anyone?

My current silver CSVT is the first one that I have had a front plate on and I haven't been pulled over a single time in any of them. I also did not have a front plate on my rx-7 vert before the CSVTs.

Funny, I saw a silver E0 at The Parking Spot North location at DFW airport. It was the first SVT that I had seen in Texas in years.

The front plate isn't really an issue. It's more of an additional offense to the fact that you were already speeding, etc. I drove my truck for a while without a front plate, because it got torn off in a minor accident in Michigan, and it did get mentioned when I did get pulled over while driving through DFW airport, but the real reason was because I was speeding a little. I got off with just a verbal warning. I drove my Jetta without a front plate for the entire two years that I had it. When I got pulled over and ticketed for speeding, the cop never even mentioned it. My SVT in Texas doesn't have a front plate or bracket, but I'm willing to bet that it will be my lack of state inspection sticker and registration sticker that will get me pulled over before that, although an oncoming cop might think that it was normal for those things to be missing if there is no front plate. My SVT in Michigan came from Texas, so it does have the front bracket on it, and I keep the Texas plate on it to keep Michigan cops from bugging me. It's worked quite well so far. :laugh:

Hmm, it must just be the state troopers down here that liked to hassle me about it. My 626 looked great without a front plate since it messed with the bra anyway but the SVT doesnt look bad with it so I've just left it on.

Yeah, screw front plates, they're for losers. I don't have one and the cops never mess with me, but then again I'm a pretty cool guy. :crazy:

Funny you say that. Maybe 2 years ago I got pulled over twice by the same trooper in one month while driving to Lubbock to visit my girlfriend. The first time he went for the broken bracket car wash excuse but the second time there was no stopping the ticket.

Funny you say that. Maybe 2 years ago I got pulled over twice by the same trooper in one month while driving to Lubbock to visit my girlfriend. The first time he went for the broken bracket car wash excuse but the second time there was no stopping the ticket.

You missed my comedic genius. I have MI plates, hence my lack of front plates. :nonono:

Yeah, Lubbock police are definitely quite prevalent. I've never seen so many cops in such a small radius near the campus. I'm still perplexed w/the lack of Crown Vics and Impalas, instead 07/08 Chargers and Tahoes galore.

Shesh, the police dept. around here must be rolling in green.

You missed my comedic genius. I have MI plates, hence my lack of front plates. :nonono:

Yeah, Lubbock police are definitely quite prevalent. I've never seen so many cops in such a small radius near the campus. I'm still perplexed w/the lack of Crown Vics and Impalas, instead 07/08 Chargers and Tahoes galore.

In Flint, I've seen like 3 Flint cop Crown Vics in the 3+ years that I've lived there so far. They all drive Tahoes, and I'm pretty sure that the City of Flint isn't rolling in pools of cash.

Mostly Chargers I bet. The Charger Police version is almost $2k cheaper than the Crown Vic Police Interceptor. Imagine that a more powerful, faster, better handling, better mpg car that costs less. But Ford still dominates the Police fleet sales across the country with the CV. Those old police dogs slow to change. And the Crown Vic is completely gone in another two years. Ford is switching to the "new" Taurus. "New" being its really the old 500 but re-named Taurus.

Houston sighting

Houston sighting

today
Atascocita Walmart on FM1960
parked near Auto Center
Are you new to Humble or just passing through

1999 or 2000
SF CSVT
looked very clean, all stock
TX license plate starting with FFP-

I did a double take at first, thought somebody stole my car until I looked at the plate. I was driving my work car, Crown Vic

Could be as the license plate looked brand new. That's why I was thinking maybe somebody from out of state just moved here.

What did Munday Chevrolet do?

Back