• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CEG'er from WA needs a little help TX

tjbugs1

CEG'er
Hay all, I need the help of any one in the south Dallas/Fort Worth area. If you’re near Corsicana, TX that’s a plus plus!

I might be moving there for my job, like 75% chance, and need to know a little bit about the area. Like, what are some good SAFE towns to live in? Is there any thing to do there (movies, bars, shopping ECT.)? What’s the weather like (its TX I know it’s hot in the summer but dose it rain a lot there)? I am looking to more or less live half way form Dallas to Corsicana.

Thanks guys (and gals).:help:

hey man, I will be moving down there eventually too! Awesome, we can get together and complain about Texas, the lack of mountains, trees, greenery, Texans and especially the Cowboys.

;)

No mountains, quite a few hills, plenty of trees, Texans still suck, Cowboys are leading their division, all is good in the world. :D

There is a ton of stuff to do in the DFW area, as with any large city...much less two next door to each other. Water parks and amusement parks in the summer. Plenty of sports...all the biggies. Football, baseball, basketball, hockey. You've got great hunting in virtually any direction with less than a two hour drive. Lakes everywhere around here. Pretty big ones too. Museums, arts, historic districts, concerts, clubs, restaurants. You name it, it's probably here or very close by. A five hour drive or so gets you to the Gulf of Mexico. Eight or so gets you to Mexico itself.

There are a FEW people around here, myself included, that are up for meets, but generally speaking the CEG attitude around here is pretty lackadaisical. Keep us posted when you're moving and maybe we can get a 'Welcome to Texas' meet organized.

hey man, I will be moving down there eventually too! Awesome, we can get together and complain about Texas, the lack of mountains, trees, greenery, Texans and especially the Cowboys.

;)

DUDE, don’t tell me you’re a sea-chickens fan? Cowboys rock I have been a cowboys fan since I was like seven. That’s the only thing holding this move together for me, well besides my job :cool:. Season tickets will be a must have!

I used to live in Corsicana. Be aware that it is a dry county. It was pretty redneck from what I remember.

ARE YOU FOR REAL? Now by "dry" do you mean no beer? I don’t know if I can live with that.

Screw the cowboys, GO BEARS!!! Back on topic, Texas is big enough that you get just about every type of scenery you could imagine. We have the desert, the mountains, hills, grasslands, thick forrests, flat BORING panhandle, etc. However, it is also almost as far for me to get to the bottom of Texas as it is for me to get to Chicago, so...

DUDE, don’t tell me you’re a sea-chickens fan? Cowboys rock I have been a cowboys fan since I was like seven. That’s the only thing holding this move together for me, well besides my job :cool:. Season tickets will be a must have!

I have been a Seahawks fan for all the bad years, since I was 4.

Deal.

Screw the Cowgirls, they are the most annoying team in the NFL. :D

I will be gettign DirectTV's Season ticket to avoid the Cowgirls talk and to watch the Seahawks all season long.

ARE YOU FOR REAL? Now by "dry" do you mean no beer? I don’t know if I can live with that.

You have to go to the county line to get alcohol from a store. The bars/restaraunts get around it by making you buy a "membership." Welcome to the Bible Belt.:laugh: Corsicana is famous for the Collin Street Bakery (e.g.- the fruitcakes that you regift every Christmas).

Last edited:
Well it looks like things are on hold, for now that is. The HR manager for the central region has parted ways with the company. So Texas, for now, is looking like a no go. They said that until a new HR is put in place no moves will be happening, witch is odd because there having a hard time just trying to get new employees. It could be 6 months before they find a new HR. Dang and I was looking forward to the move.:cry:

if you do get to move down there, blooming grove, frost is towards the southwest aprox. 15 miles---- ennis is about 20 miles northwest.... texas motorplex is there diff. parts of corsicana are ok too but need to do the research for it good luck

if you do get to move down there, blooming grove, frost is towards the southwest aprox. 15 miles---- ennis is about 20 miles northwest.... texas motorplex is there diff. parts of corsicana are ok too but need to do the research for it good luck

Way to necromance there, take a look at the original post date... ;)

Back