• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Going to the dragstrip

ohsigmachi

CEG'er
Well I'm finally in texas and am going to take the beaten and battered zetec out to see what its got before its replaced (the motor not the car). This friday at San Angelo Dragway for the test and tune night. My coworker (not a contour owner) will be coming along and all you west texas guys are welcome to come on down and make a few passes or just hang out. The track is not the greatest but it's better than some out there.

Welcome and congrats on moving to Texas.

Will there be a video of your car at the track? I know you've done a lot to your Zetec. I'd like to see it in action.

Last edited:
Yes, In car camera man will be my coworker most likely. Keep in mind I haven't done much to the Zetec that's in the car (its the one on the engine stand that will give the 3.0L guys fits). Intake/ exhaust/ misc. other little things. The biggest things are Duratec Final drive in the Bulldog box and a lot of suspension mods that should aid with traction.

Anyone out there wanna go? 4 days left to clear you busy schedules.

It's 264 miles, sorry.:shrug:
sanangeloqa9.gif

That's because you are going to San Antonio, around the loop, then out I-10 all the way through Boerne.

Take 46 across to 281, head north to Fredericksburg, then NW to San Angelo and its more like 180-190 miles. Mapquest/Yahoo isn't ALWAYS right.

That's because you are going to San Antonio, around the loop, then out I-10 all the way through Boerne.

Take 46 across to 281, head north to Fredericksburg, then NW to San Angelo and its more like 180-190 miles. Mapquest/Yahoo isn't ALWAYS right.

Let me rephrase. "Homey ain't drivin' to San Angelo."

Well, the track is pretty greasy, but it's not crowed at all. I made 4 passes, but if I had wanted I could've made a lot more.

Back