• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

AutoX Nov. 12 - Fairmeadows Infield at Tulsa Expo Square

White99SE

CEG'er
I'm posting this even though I'm not sure if I'm even going to make it. We've finally secured a decent AutoX site that is IN TULSA!!! :cool: It's in the infield parking lot at the Fairmeadows racetrack right next to the fairgrounds. More info can be found here:

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae...psrnd=.75385506855298809677532925553086262339

Regardless of what the writeup says, this is not our first time there. They must have just copied and pasted. This will be the 3rd time we've been there. But the part about being on your best behavior still applies.:D

Well, I'm registered. Unless something major comes up, I should be there. I had to miss the October event due to a dead battery. That shouldn't be an issue this time! :laugh:

Hey Eric, are you going to run your 3L or are you coming just to watch? (just curious).

Just talked to Richard (Kung Fu Troll). He was wanting to know where the 2 SVT's from the other thread were located and I mentioned this to him. He'll probably show up too. I suspect Static might come too.

My car is not in a state to be beat on right now. The motor is flawless, but I have some passenger side knuckle/wheel bearing issues that need to be sorted before I get spirited again. Maybe in the spring time I'll have it where I want it.

I'll be watching.....

me and rich test drove those two svts and its wasnt that great. The one with the wheels just stay away from. It has an aftermarket sun roof thats messed up. The suspension is wore out. Secondaries do not open fully so not a great amount of torque. The clutch is wore out and it has dents and dings all over the car. Not to mention the owner openly admitts to doing burnouts in it and beating on it for fun. Now the other one is a nice car. It needs about 500-600$ in work done. Needs a tune up, new wheel bearings, new brake pads and rotors and a good cleaning under the hood. other then that though its a good car. He wants way to much for it though. The one with stock wheels he is asking 4895 and I think if you could pick it up for about 3800-3900 you would be getting a good deal. The one with wheels he is asking 4990 for it and its worth about 2900-3000 at best. Needs a lot of TLC. For some reason the guy thinks because it has wheels it should cost more. Oh and the good one has 120k on it and the other has 155k

Yeah, I could tell by looking the one with the wheels had been abused. Is Rich thinking of pickup up another SVT, or did you guys check them out just for the hell of it?

I love rubbers. LOL ... hey eric what do you think about coming over this weekend and taking a look at the motor now. I also need to get that cd

that will work... your not gonna bail on me again are you ;) hey what do you think about working out a deal on an X-Cal I am going to have to have some kinda chip/ECU reflash to run 24lbs injectors and I have to have it soon. The stock 17lbs injectors wont supply enough fuel to run the 3L. I have heard that the X-CAL comes with two or three tunes on it so I was thinking maybe I could pay for part of it and get a tune program on it so I can reflash my ECU and get this motor running. I will prolly just have to go with a chip if you cant do this. Only thing is I cant tune out the 02's and EGR with a chip or at least not that I am aware of.

I'll have to see what I can swing. It's been pretty dead at work lately and working on commision only can be disasterous if I don't watch my budget. Maybe we can find one for sale in the classifieds....I thought I saw one in the classifieds a couple of days ago. I'll have to check again.

First Heat Pictures:

http://www.neoklascca.org/event_photos/neokla111206sg/

Results:

http://www.greencountrymotorsports.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1056.0;attach=203

CRAP!!! I got beat by a Chrysler Sebring. If I hadn't DNF'd those first 2 runs I probably would have gotten my time down. Oh well.

Here's me. Yes, I know my car is filthy. :blackeye: Hey Eric. I saw you (I assume it was your car) but I was already at my work assignment for the 2nd heat so I couldn't come over and talk to you.

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_9928.jpg

DSC_9929.jpg

DSC_9993.jpg

DSC_9994.jpg

Last edited:
Back