• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L swap

Static

CEG'er
well I am doing the swap. got the 3L sitting here at the house and almost got the 2.5 out. if anybody wants to come down this weekend and help I would be very thankful. I cant buy you lunch or even provide beer as I am about broke from this swap, but I can offer lunch of some sort if anybody wants to help. let me know I am in tulsa

If you were about half that far from me I'd probably give you a hand but Tulsa would definitly be pushing it for a weekend. Anyways, good luck and let us know the results.

yea I think I got pale horse coming over sunday to help out a little. What I am really needing is a first hand on what mods and how to do them on the 3L block. I need help or a diagram on how to position the pulse wheel. I also need somebody that can do some brazing for me for free. I have the stuff to do it just not the skill.

Cody, If I can make it out I may be able to bring my friend with me if he is not too busy. I'll ask him if he has any skill in brazing. If any one can do that type of stuff it would be him. I'll get back to you.

Hey man! How'd it go? I thought you sold the 'tour a long time ago? Did you get another one? There was no way I could have made it out even if I had seen this Friday. Not that I would have been much help, but I want to see one of these done.

well its not done yet I am actually going to buy some other stuff before I drop the 3.0 in. I am buying msds headers friday and clevite bearings along with some new gaskets. I am also trying to figure out what to do with the A/C no thanks to pale horse. ;) I am also trying to decide if I want to install the turbo and intercooler why I have everything apart. The compression is already a little high though so I dont know yet. feel free to come on by I will PM you my number

I bought the same one back for $75 with a blown motor. got the motor out today. ordering MSDS headers friday and picking up clevite bearings gonna run a fuel rail mod by stazi and see what he thinks and hopefully I will have the motor back in and running in two or three weeks.

yup going to order the x-cal next week or so no need for it yet. and dont want to blow all my money in case something comes up but I will be getting both.

Back