• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2 SVT's in Owasso, OK

Hey Andy! Welcome back to the SVT world! Are you gonna AutoX it, or will you stick to Jeff's Subie (or your RX7! :D )

I think it will stay a street car. The first one was a blast but unfortunately not competative in GS. I will probably buy lowering springs and camber plates for the car so if I race it STS is where I will go. I also have to see what Jeff is going to do for next season. He keeps talking about moving to a different car. Ann is not going to drive the 3R Miata and I think they are looking for a car they can both drive. She hates racing the STI.

The first one was a blast but unfortunately not competative in GS. I will probably buy lowering springs and camber plates for the car so if I race it STS is where I will go.

That's what I hope to do if the boss will ever let me spend the money on suspension upgrades. Let me know if you buy new wheels and want to sell the stockers. :D

$50 on ebay and there just as good as the Ground Control and that is quoting stazi

Which ones? There are several different kits that look very similar in the pics and have prices all in the same area ($50-$80) Are they all the same or are some better than others?

And besides, it's the struts I really need and I can't find those for $50 (total)

$50 on ebay and there just as good as the Ground Control and that is quoting stazi

I find it hard to believe that a $50 coil over kit from Ebay is going to compare with Ground control.

Coil springs are not expensive to make but the quality and consistancy in the spring is what you pay for. Every coil spring has a different spring rate. Some will vary more than others. When you buy from Ground control you know your springs will be very close in the spring rate. Not to mention that the springs will last more than 6 months.

Remember the old addage (does not apply to sex).

Do it right or do it twice.

Yeah, I saw that thread, but unfortunately, it's 1.5 years old and the ebay link has long expired. I can't tell if the ones he is talking about are like the ones I find now. I saw another thread later where the same guy bought some more and it was the "2nd generation" and something was slightly smaller making it not fit.

I appreciate the links, but I'm not going to cheap out on something like that, even if Stazi approves it. You may say, "If it sucks you're only out $50". If I had all the time in the world to work on my car, that would be right, but I have very little time to work on it, so I only have time to do it once. I'll just save my money for something a little more "proven".

Back