• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2 SVT's in Owasso, OK

White99SE

CEG'er
I'm only posting this cuz it really surprised me. Friday afternoon driving home, I passed by a po-dunk used car dealer and right out front I see a sil-fro SVT Contour. I hardly see ANY SVT's out here, and it just kinda surprised me. When we were out for dinner, I asked my wife if we could just run by and look at it. She said OK, cuz it was still early and the kids were being especially good.

As I am pulling up, my wife says, "Isn't that one too?" Just inside the lot, there was another Sil-fro SVT!!!!!

The one out front looked really clean. 120K Miles Not sure of the year... E1 wheels. $4895. The one inside the lot looked like it had had a hard life. big dent in the drivers side door... ricey looking wheels... aftermarket fogs in addition to the stock fogs. No price listed.

I didn't get any more details, cuz I was afraid I would catch the bug and want to BUY it. (the clean one anyway)

BTW, please don't lock this because I have a price listed. I'm not selling it and I'm not trying to point it out to anybody (no CEGer's live up here anyway). It just shocked me to see 2 SVT's on a po-dunk lot in po-dunk Oklahoma, where I hardly ever see an SVT.

Buy It!!!!

I wondered who would be the first to say that! :) If I NEEDED a car, I'd be all over that (after some research to see if that's a fair price). Right now, I have a paid for car that pretty much meets my needs. The only thing I want to add is a new suspension, but I'm having a hard time getting my wife to even agree to that! :(

Just because you don't need a car is no reason not to buy it! You have no idea how handy an extra can be. I have two tires that crapped out on my car over the weekend, and just I pulled two off of one of my other Contours to get my by until I can get new tires. Tell your wife it's easier to get the car than the new suspension. Plus, it's an SVT.

Plus plus, it's the best color one too!

Just because you don't need a car is no reason not to buy it!

Ok, how about... "I can't afford it". Is that a good enough reason? :) Ok, that's not entirely true. I could go write a check for it right now, but that money is earmarked for something else, namely something to live on if I lose my job or some other catastrohphe. When you have a wife and 3 kids, their needs come first. Buying an extra car comes way down on the list, even if it is a really nice SVT.

That's not to say I didn't really, really WANT to buy it! ;) I do want to have another car, but I want a project. Something cheap (think GRM $200x Challenge) that I can tinker with and not worry about having to get to work in it.

Last edited:
I drove by that lot a few days ago, Roger. I saw the nice one but didn't see the other. I was looking at maybe picking up another one since mine has officially become the project. It would be nice to have another one in the garage. Did the price seem fair given the mileage and overall condition of it? I didn't get close enough to look it over.

OOh OOh...There was another one for sale a few days ago just around the corner from my house. It was a '99 black on midnight blue. The car was absolutely gorgeous. It was one of the best looking examples I have seen in quite awhile. It looked garage kept and zaino'd, however I didn't have time to stop and get the phone number off of the sticker in the window. It was gone after two days of sitting in a random parking lot. I was very sad to not get some more info on it.....

Did the price seem fair given the mileage and overall condition of it? I didn't get close enough to look it over.

I thought the price seemed fair, but I didn't really take a GOOD look at it. I only know the mileage (120K) and it LOOKED really clean, but I didn't drive it, and don't even know the exact year. I don't even remember if it had a sunroof or not. I think it's sold already cuz it hasn't been out the last 2 times I went by. Only the abused one was still there.

IRingTwyce said:
If you're looking for something cheap, buy my Fiat!! It's dirt cheap!

Funny you should mention that, cuz I saw that on the GRM classifieds and almost sent you a PM. That's the sorta thing I'm looking for, and the price is right, but I can't do anything right now. We're in the process of expanding our house (another reason I don't have a lot of disposable income) and then (hopefully) we're going to add another garage bay so that just maybe, I can have the space for a project car (unless my father-in-law parks his Hummer in it... long story.).

Maybe first part of next year I might be able to do something. If it comes to a point where you're just going to junk it, give me a PM, but if you find a buyer, great!

Last edited:
I think it's sold already cuz it hasn't been out the last 2 times I went by. Only the abused one was still there.

I was mistaken. The clean one is still there, still $4895. I can't see the abused one there anymore, but I can't get a good look at the lot as I drive by. Not that anyone cares. :crazy:

It's between 66th and 76th (except there is no 66th exit) on the east side of 169. If you're going North on 169, you'll want to exit on 76th and immediately turn back right and go South on the access road. I don't know the name of the lot, but it's right before you get to Owasso Fence Company.

Well, I bought the "Clean One" a couple weeks ago. 2000 SVT with 120K Miles. I drove it and the engine still had plenty of power, no smoke and the clutch felt good. It was too hard to resist. I miss my Black one I sold in 03. The price was right, the car was clean so I said what the hell.

I just glanced at the other one because it had some nasty chrome wheels and the center section on all of the leather was replaced with a lighter blue Suede with SVT embossed. The night I bought my car they had to push start the other one. Told me the next day that he replaced the starter.

So far I have changed oil (Mobil 1). Changed Transmission fluid (Royal Purple). Replaced front brake rotors and pads (Factory for now. Still had an old set of new pads). New tires(Khumos SPT 225/50). Replaced plugs and wires (Autolite Double Platinum and Motorcraft Wires)

Still need to replace struts, transmission mount and possibly motor mounts. The only serious problem with the car was that the front right inside brake pad was GONE!!!! It was metal on metal and sounded horrific.

The sunroof needs some TLC (White lithium and WD40).

The interior is in excellent condition. Transmission feels good and so does the clutch. There are only a couple of minor door dings and one spot on the hood.

BTW White99SE, I am InGroundEffect on GCM and co drive Jeff's Subaru STI. I think you also use some of my photos for your Avitar.

I will have pictures of the car up in the next few weeks.

Since I bought this car I will be selling my previous daily driver if anyone is interested. 95 Volvo 850 Turbo. I will also have details of that car posted as well.

Back