Return of the prodigal car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PDXSVT View Post
    AF got a code reading of P1506. I see from searching for "1506" some old threads here mention checking for issues of vaccuum lines, wires shorting, IAC valves being stuck open, etc. But I'm very surprised the car did not flash a handful of other codes above and in addition to that one code.

From the 2009 thread:

"Some of the causes for this code are:
    1) Engine vacuum leak
    2) EVAP system problem
    3) IAC circuit shorted to ground
    4) IAC valve stuck open, or damaged
    5) Throttle body or plate contaminated or very dirty."

These engines carbon up so easy that the first thing I would check is carbon buildup in the IAC and intake.

Comment

The stock IAC was waaaay caked up dirty. Slapped on a U pulled IAC, cleaned up original one, will know more soon if the IAC related codes are resolved or not.
      MSDS, SHO-shop Y, 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530, pud heatshield; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THMS forks, Quaife; DMD; UD pullies; 94A poly mnts. 92.03 trap speed. SF/MB '98 SVT E0 #3159 8/21/97 236K miles. Was a witch's ashtray

Comment

Don't think the IAC was ever designed to due off-road duty on our 'Tours.....just saying.

Comment

Remember that amphibious car from the 60s? I'm happy she did not do what Shotwell was always talking of, driving it into a river.
          MSDS, SHO-shop Y, 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530, pud heatshield; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THMS forks, Quaife; DMD; UD pullies; 94A poly mnts. 92.03 trap speed. SF/MB '98 SVT E0 #3159 8/21/97 236K miles. Was a witch's ashtray

Comment

Agree!!! LOL - but that coat of dust applied to your SVT made her approximate the "Oregon Trail covered wagon"!!

Comment

Checked the replacement rear bumper cover, It needs some cracks fixed, there's one crack on a lower corner and another goes all the way though the horizontal portion under the rear mesh. The replacement came without mesh and the rear bumper now on the car is missing half the original mesh (Thank you, dear.) So I look to acquire a replacement rear mesh, and face some homework on mending up plastic bumper cover cracks.

Hey, the car started today!

And on line research indicates the company that made White Shepherd oil stop leak is the same company which now instead markets Blue Devil oil stop leak.

Comment

Working...
              X