• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Next NW Meet coming up... Looking at April 19

PDXSVT

Veteran CEG'er
So tests, playoffs, baby showers, sick kids, car breakdowns, power outages, 300 year floods, terrorist attacks are NOT an excuse, you now have time to cancel the rest of your life and that of your extended family to be able to attend a NW meet. Yes, you even have time to sell the yacht, mortgage the airplane and arrange financing to get your trunk mounted V8 power, 7 spd manual, AWD ragtop Contour amphibious SUV back on the road and ready for this meet.

Any questions? Comments? I will be bumping local grand high poobahs about finalizing time and venue.

And I was only kidding about the ragtop part. Like THAT would be practical in the NW!?!?

My calendar WAS empty... Now it has this on it! Count me in. I should have my Y pipe and hopefully some headers by then! How did today's meet go?

I can make that one. new hub/wheel bearing, I've Seafoamed her AND I got the engine light off by fixing my engine harness. Soo.. I'm ready for almost anything now.

Glad to hear it Satya! I just sea foamed mine too! Working out some bugs with my IMRC right now trying to relocate it to keep it cool... Seems to not work so well after about 45 minutes of in town driving. I'm ready either way! Bill has a replacement for me worst case scenario.

Nice.. now I gotta figure out the clatter I get when I shift into 3rd gear. Not the 3rd gear grind.. but something new !! lol

Marty, are you fixed up on the other site yet?

CA SVT, there remains the risk of what the locals call "rain" but it is rarely heavy.

Bob - CA SVT is coming "down" from the Olympia, Wa. area. A little "rain" won't hender him in the least!! btw - his SVT is beautiful - met him on a recent trip to visit my son in Oak Harbor, Wa. I also met with Sayta in the Bellevue, Wa. area. Also a great guy with a strong determination to get his SVT back to tip-top condition. He has literally lived with this SVT for many years. Hopefully both can make this trip "down" to visit us in April!

Thanks for the kind comment. Got the new summer tires on the 17" wheels and put on the summer wipers for the liquid weather. I also just renewed my OR CHL, so I am ready for any Sasquatch attacks. Looking forward to meeting some NW car people.

Jerry - too good of you!! That is a drawing card and a half, for sure. I will be there for sure!!! Thanks for everything (taking care of "my ex-girl" and the tie-downs).

With the feedback from the last time, I fgure we'll end up at BJ's Pizza/brew pub at 2 p.m., but maybe park at the open spaces near the stores/mall across the street from BJs. This is all near the Jantzen Beach exit off of I-5 and IIRC, the prior 76 station is now turned into part of a little strip mall almost adjacent to BJs, and BJ's is next to a McDonald's. When you exit from I-5, there's only a few ways to go. If you end up on a loooooong straightaway, that's wrong. If you end up by a Taco Bell or Safeway, that's wrong too. If you are pointing at a Red Lion hotel, turn left and make another left at the next light, but don't get onto SB I-5. Hope this helps.

Back