• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Meet reschedule input

PDXSVT

Veteran CEG'er
Aussie Ford Bob, contours r us Bill, tell us what upcoming Saturday afternoon you two would care to nominate?

Talked with a buddy who is already taking of going to Woodburn in April if it's not damp. His bro Pat wants to get his street car into the 10s, but not so fast as he doesn't want to install a roll cage. Pat sold his modded SVT Cobra a few years ago, then got a Pinto with a V8 stuffed into it, now has a Shelby and got a new blower installed this winter.

This Saturday or next won't work for me as I will be out of town but just about any other Saturday would be fine with me most likely.

Another reason we need to talk about another meet on top of the rescheduled one. Shotwell is local next Saturday and then gone for maybe a couple of months working on something besides a monte carlo, vw golf, mercedes or contour. (Yeah, like we thought THAT was possible for him).

It's not all it's cracked up to be. Yeah, it's warm and scenic and bla bla bla...truth is it's too expensive, the traffic is horrible (worse than LA) and most of the people you meet are tourists.

Couple that with working a nearly thankless job and being away from my family. Not happy. I'd much rather be home, even if it is nasty outside.

Alas, the bills have to be paid so off I go. One of these days I'll get my ducks in a row and get a local job!

Oh man! You make it sound rough! I love it every time I go! Though I am not there to work... That may be a whole different story. Although you are 100% correct on the too expensive, bad traffic and tourists...

Anyone have any input on a reschedule for the meet? I am available almost any Saturday except for the next 2... Though I could make 22nd possibly if that worked best for everyone else.

CALLING BOB AND BILL: Between here and other site, we have a handful weighing in. (Swabbies can cue up Anchors Aweigh for the soundtrack) Mikey leaves soon, he can make this weekend. JBalch can't make this weekend but can make others. Puget Sound people and others are interested and seemingly on stand-by. Should we set one for THIS weekend for those who can make it with Mike here, and another one for a few weeks off? What say the fearless leaders?

Back