• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

NW meet in Portland 2/8/14

or at least a Jag X type 3L with awd. AF and Shotwell kinda had that discussion while watching the Super Bowl, but a 900 hp Audi would be fine with any of us.

As high temp Saturday is to be 37, low to be 32, Sunday to be 45, I expect something freakish would have to develop for there to be any real snow or ice other than at high elevations;, drizzle and melting flakes is more likely.

Real snow? A quaife would help, but I lost a sideskirt using my Contour as an Iditarod racer.

That's more what I see happening too! Not worth loosing a skirt over! Or even worse... A jack point cover, those things are spendy these days!

That's where the "Snow Belt" boys and girls have an advantage as many/most have "beaters" that they drive during the winter (at least it was in the "olden days")!!!

I just put the studded tires on my Explorer, so I could probably make it. :) NOAA is forecasting 2-4" of snow tomorrow in downtown Portland, 1-2" more tomorrow night and 1-3" more on Saturday. High of 32 on Saturday and 37 on Sunday. Should be interesting... :crazy:

I just put the studded tires on my Explorer, so I could probably make it. :) NOAA is forecasting 2-4" of snow tomorrow in downtown Portland, 1-2" more tomorrow night and 1-3" more on Saturday. High of 32 on Saturday and 37 on Sunday. Should be interesting... :crazy:

I hear this!!! I just got word that this afternoon Portland area is expecting SUSTAINED winds of 60mph with blowing snow reducing visibility to less than 1/2 mile, at times. Should be fun!!

I went to federal way today and left to head home at noon and didn't get back to Vancouver until 8pm tonight! Not fun! Glad I was in a company rig with 4wd! That wouldn't have been fun in my SVT!

On another note I hear back from my brother and he is laser cutting 10 battery tie downs for us. No cost just something fun to get a few of us out to a meet! I figure a bribe might help :)

Yesterday afternoon, not that much on the ground yet, but was driving on a stretch of NB I-205 from Oregon City in a borrowed duratec SE, and the road was slick enough for the car to be squirrelly without a limited slip diff.

I went to federal way today and left to head home at noon and didn't get back to Vancouver until 8pm tonight! Not fun! Glad I was in a company rig with 4wd! That wouldn't have been fun in my SVT!

On another note I hear back from my brother and he is laser cutting 10 battery tie downs for us. No cost just something fun to get a few of us out to a meet! I figure a bribe might help :)

Bribe's are GOOD ;-) Thanks Jerry.

I really want to meet you all, but if 5 south is closed, even my Subie won't get through. I will watch the weather and do my best to be there, or I will be in Olympia thinking about what I missed for my battery. Hope to see you.....Rich

OUCH. So it was not just needing a quaife. Looked at rear tires this morning and it was not pretty, some tread shred going on. E brake freezing up must have been the bigger problem.

Well... With this lovely storm, my bros shop was closed today so the parts won't be cut til Monday. If we still end up having a meet I will get the addresses of those who came and ship me out to you.

Who all is still planning on coming? Is this weather getting most of us down? Should we reschedule?

It's Friday soon to turn midnight, and the next several inches we were MAYBE to get tonight has NOT started out where I am, 2 miles from Clackamas Town Center. I expect some hardy souls can make it even if we get a little more snow (and I may need to beg for a ride myself) BUT I am very willing to have a modest turn out 2/8 AND talk of having ANOTHER ONE soon. I owe Bob and Bill beers for the ribbing I've given them and the promises I made to them,... and can we really expect THEM to DELAY on collecting FREE BEER?

After all, Bob is at least part Scotch and they have a rep of being thrifty. And for all I know, maybe Bill is part Irish, so I'd make a joke that suggests he's part Scotch too, of a single malt variety. But even if their wild youths are behind them, I know Bob is not easily intimidated by weather.

I'm all in if it's just snow... They are talking about freezing rain today and that is my only concern.

Well it's sleeting where I am at, south east of Portland. My Ranger 4 X 4 with studs can go most anywhere!!! Prob I have is this - I am "told" that my teenager has his first job, at Micky D's. Training is today, at 3pm. He can't miss this training session. Guess who HAS TO take him to work? You guessed it, me!! He is not a licensed driver, wife is pretty sick so I am elected. He has to be at work at 3pm - not enough time for me to get from home to Jantzen Beach and down a brew or two and get back in time to pick him up at 6pm. It will take me approx 1.25 hours to get to Jantzen Beach from home. I will need to pass, as much as I don't want to.
I am this MEET should go forward, as scheduled. We need to hear confirmation ASAP, as Satya has a 3+ hour drive ahead of himself, and Ca SVTer likewise. Everyone "pipe in" on both sites, please.
Weather is nasty only south of Portland. Sleeting on top of 8 + inches of snow.

I think I'm out too... My wife isn't overly comfortable with me making the trip from Vancouver. I'm not too concerned about it but I don't want her feeling too uncomfortable just so I can go hang out. Sorry guys.

I think I'm out too... My wife isn't overly comfortable with me making the trip from Vancouver. I'm not too concerned about it but I don't want feeling too uncomfortable just so I gan go hang out. Sorry guys.

Understand Jerry and wise move. We will meet again very soon. I am so pumped after meeting 2 SVT owners and 1 Mystique owner on my recent trip to Oak Harbor, Wa. All enthusiats and 2 that had plans on joining us today (Satya and Rich). And with you and AF taking pictures, as well as thes enthusiastic discussions taking place, we would have "fuel" (memories) for many months to come!!!

Back