• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

NW meet in Portland 2/8/14

PDXSVT

Veteran CEG'er
Yes. finally! A meet on Saturday 2/8/14, 2 p.m., at BJ's restaurant and brewhouse at Portland's Jantzen Beach.

Many NW meets have been held there, it's easy to find.

Interstate 5 has a Jantzen Beach exit mere yards south of the Columbia River, the border between Portland Oregon and Vancouver Washington. The McDonalds next to BJs has its sign up high enough if you find that, you're there.

We've seen numerous cars other than Contiques, Cougars, Foci show up, so don't be shy if your 15 year old Contour wiring harness forces you to drive your Yugo or Pantera instead.

Mike: Keep us posted on your schedule, so we can set up a sequel. This is only a partial meet without you. And tell contours r us/mondeoman what USN Whidbey Island highlights he wants to visit. You still have buddies at the autoshop there?

My bumper won't be fully painted as some the others on here but I plan to come! Will be my first meet. excited to meet the NW team.

I could surprise everyone and show up in a Tri Met bus...
Unpainted bumpers will NOT make the beer and pizza taste any different, COME ANYWAY.
And you don't need to drive up in a Contour, just need to converse with Contour fans.

I'm all in! Can't wait to meet some of you, my first meet also... Though I am not new to this meeting place... I love the cookie ice cream dessert there! Pazookie I think they call it? I will definitely be in my SVT... Up until I said that, now it will surely break down on me hahaha!

Breaking down on the way to a meet... I can see it now, Aussie Ford driving a fully stocked Contour parts van, Shotdiff following him with a flatbed dolly truck, mondeo Bill calling ahead to Shorty to beg for use of the lift.

Too funny! Hopefully the good weather we have this upcoming week will hold on through Saturday! I know my fingers are crossed for it!

Interesting thought! I could use that spoiler... Though I am still mixed on the look with a spoiler. I think ford actually nailed it with the look of the CSVT, and I kind of like it without the spoiler.

How many of you would be interested in a custom battery hold down "strap"? I have been thinking of having my brother cut one similar to what I've seen on here only out of stainless steel. I could put ford in the middle or contour? I'm having him put the SVT logo in mine just cut out of the middle. I am hoping he hooks me up for free this time as he owes me :) if that's the case I will bring them to the meet. I will post a pic on here later. I will post a link to the one I've seen on her so you have an idea of what I mean. This is a one time deal just for our meet so let me know if you would be interested and I'll see what I can do. Not looking to make any money on this so if I get them for free so will you! I will have him make 10 or so of them.

Something like this only with stainless steel. http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?81583-Battery-Tie-Down-Group-Buy-(-Gauging-Interest-) not trying to steel his idea or anything but thought it would be fun to have something cool for us at the meet!

Actually he can do aluminum too and they use a laser cutter and I can do the CAD work. Let me know what you guys think. Or if you have any other cool ideas that would be easy to draw up and would be flat parts.

Jerry - I am interested in this item; maybe just a FORD script, as I no longer own an SVT ;-) Would you post this info above over on the FCO site for us, as well?

Jerry - I am interested in this item; maybe just a FORD script, as I no longer own an SVT ;-) Would you post this info above over on the FCO site for us, as well?

Bill- I posted it up there last night. I will see about a ford only one just for you 'old man' (I say that with nothing but respect!) ;-) Just for your B-Day!

Back