• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need help with cde4

contour_r_us

Hard-core CEG'er
TEAM, I am sending this inquiry out for a co-worker who just recently purchased a '98 Contour with Zetec and CD4E auto transaxle. Her problem is this - while driving she will have the CD4E shift up/down, as though dropping into/out of O/D. This is intermittent and appears to happen only when fluid is warm. Load on the transaxle is not an apparent factor, but maybe it is. It takes place at mostly crusing speeds, but not always.

She purchased this vehicle with this condition, and has taken it to AMCO Trans. who stated, "no codes stored". This vehicle was bought for my co-workers college aged daughter, but obviously there isn't enough confidence in this vehicle to have her drive it safely - very unerving, I am sure.

Since my '95 'Tour is a Zetec with MTX-75, I am of limited help. I have forwarded search results from our vast archive DB here, thinking this would be of assistance to AMCO. Well, that didn't materalize!!!!

What is the thinking of the infinate wisdom of our NW Forum users? Anyone know of a shop should could take her Contour to for diagnoise and repair? We are located int he Portland, Or. area.
Thanks everyone - Bill

Since you are around Portland,
I suggest you take it by:
Columbia Transmission
1737 SE 12th Ave, Portland, OR 97214
(503) 233-6305 - Bob

I highly recommend them and they standby their work.

They rebuilt the CD4E in my 95 when it went out shortly after I bought it. I have them service all of my automatics.

Please PM me if you have furhter questions. Forget that other place.

Regards,
AF

Bob - Thanks so much. This coworkers college age daughter will really apprecaite this, as will Mom!!! I spoke so highly of the Contours, and they originally wanted to buy mine, which is not for sale. I will let everyone know how this pans out - coworker may be out this week - her Mom is in need of heart surgery.
Thanks again AF,
Bill

Back