• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Needs oil pan now :(

GRN99SVT

New CEG'er
So here it goes. I was driving home last night when my park brake turned on half dim and my abs light came on and tach quite working made it home and dies. Please god not another alternator I thought. So I wanted to check if any wires fell off even thou I had the flu jacked it up in the rain on a slight hill jack slipped put hole in oil pan this sucks . So if anyone knows were to get an oil pan in the salem/portland area please let me know.

There is an LQK yard in Salem that pulls the parts for you. You want a pan from a 99-00 V6 Contour / Mystique. I say that even though a pan from any 95 - 00 will fit because starting in 99 they have a better internal design.

Regards,
AF

Thanks, I've been busy trying to old vw ready for winter driver while the tour is down. Parts geek has new ones for 78 bucks so when funds are available i'll get a new one, I also replaced the battery now i have to find out why the rear calipers are sticking then she'll be roadworthy again.

If money grew on trees, ...

this would maybe be a good time to install a limited slip diff, rationalized by "roadworthiness" when the weather turns awful.
But other than defroster woes, the old Bug I once had handled new england winter well, so the BS argument to sink $$$$ into the svt is refuted.
Hey, your stock csvt diff survived the night at PIR and the fwd is still good in coast range rain.

Hmmmm....... money is a consideration and "new ones for 78 bucks" vrs. used for about $20, and in most cases it isn't a wear part..... !

Check your e-brake cables they may be the cause of your sticking calipers.... just a thought.

BTW back in high school I had a 62 VW we had a lot of fun in that car.... some of it with the back seat folded down ;)

AF

Fun in an old bug...?
Like installing the converters to get a 12 volt 8 track player to work in a 6 volt car?
(Uh oh. Now Shotwell will pipe up about an 8 track he's fixing to put in a Monte Carlo or a diesel Rabbit.)

But Aussie's old bug probably had working heated mirrors and Mercury interior pieces.

There is an LQK yard in Salem that pulls the parts for you. You want a pan from a 99-00 V6 Contour / Mystique. I say that even though a pan from any 95 - 00 will fit because starting in 99 they have a better internal design.

Regards,
AF

Do those pans have the additional baffling?

Since I'll be doing the 3L upgrade soon with a 2003 Taurus engine, does it have the pan with the additional baffling?

No junk yards around here have a contour oil pan. Will a Taurus or escape oil pan 3.0 work? If those will work what gasket do you use?

All fixed now got a oil pan off of ebay 48 bucks shipped. Still have to fix the sticky e-brake and now the gas pedal on the vw I guess I wore it out. Thanks for the help.

Sure is . It was fun while it lasted stupid alternator went out. I can envision people in hell putting in and taking out svt alternators all day. lol

Once you get good at it you can get it done in an hour or so. Yes, it's hell. Not as bad as changing the clutch!

Still, it's an amazing car to drive. That's essentially the only thing that's kept me going on this thing.

Back