• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

shotwell

Veteran CEG'er
A small tribute to my Ford. Thanks for keeping me on the road for so long! :wave:

EDIT: Removed picture of odometer showing 177,777 miles.

On August 11th I'll have owned this car for 10 years. That's far and above any other car I've even owned...including the many Monte Carlos and Mercedes.

In 2001 I'd have bet $100,000 against counting up this kind of mileage on a Ford, or even owning one this long. I know it's not terribly uncommon to get one up this high, but the way I drive her I'm truly impressed.

I'm often very frustrated with this vehicle. It's had a few breakdowns...some my fault and others not so much. It's an absolute MOTHER to work on. In the end it's been the support group that is contour.org that had helped me through the rough spots. My hats off to you guys.

Here's to another 10 years!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the rule only had to do with unsafe speeds...oh well. Won't be doing that again!

My apologies to the mods.

Anyway, still enjoying the car. Ran it around quite a bit today. Almost 178k already!

Congrats! Mine is inching toward 150,000 and still running smooth as a top. Of course I pat it on the hood each morning and say nice things about it when it is in earshot, so ....

Back