• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Life sucks

Beowulf

Veteran CEG'er
and then it gets worse.

A while back, I had a little backfire issue, which I fixed...but not before I apparently blew a hole in my exhaust header. Now my car is completely gutless and hardly hauls itself up hills.

Still need to get a job too.

How ya all doin? :)

Damn dude. Sounds like you need a fixit crew! Aussie might even have a spare one around. If not, the wrecking yards certainly have them in abundance.

Is it the front or rear manifold?

Who is this guy? Do we know him?

:-D

Good to hear from you, Beowulf! Let's get that Contour runnin' good again. I have the original exhaust manifolds somewhere. . .

If you can find them, let me know how much you want. I am gonna dig in there hard core style tomorrow and see what I can find.

I don't have any, mostly because the jy's have found out that there is a cat on them and will not sell them....... unless you find someone that doesn't know about that.

AF

This is Beowulf, i don't know why, but my Beowulf account can't post, can't send IM, but it does log in and do nothign very well.

Anyway, DDV I tried to send you a PM earlier, no idea if it actually sent or not.

P.S. I miss when Lance ran things. Stuff got DONE.

So, I need to replace the rear exhaust header (very badly) and according to DDV, I should be able to find the front and back fairly cheap. So other than the headers themselves, I have been looking at replacing the 02 sensors and probably the gaskets will need to be replaced as well. Anything else? Right now I should be able to get everything I need for about 150ish or so....and I just happen to have the money for now. :)

P.S. Why couldn't it be just the front? That one is a piece of cake to get to.

he said he had checked some junkyards and they are saying 20 bucks...i can get to a jy easier than I can get to DDV.

Back