• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Trial today

PDXSVT

Veteran CEG'er
For the several of you here who know about how Sheridan is doing and his letter to the judge last May, asking to end visitation with his father, the evaluations, the symtoms of his pediatric PTSD, the flashbacks, the recommendations, the indifference/obliviousness of his father... Trial is today.

Court-appointed attorney for the child made a proposal a week ago or more, Mom accepted it, Dad did not. Dad makes an different offer through his atty which they declared take it or leave it. Child's atty's bill as of time of his proposal was $5,000, half to each parent. (Allow me a moment to spread some Miracle Grow around the trunk and roots of my money tree.) With dad rejecting the proposal and sticking to a silly position, everyone is off to trial.

Child's atty, about 2 days ago, has put in lots-o-time prep'ping for trial, says his bill is now $25K.

Dad's atty's opening statement cites piles of red flag issues about the child and suggests child is a major risk and suggests it's because of Mom, while also arguing the visitation evaluator did a crappy job and missed bunches of details in medical and educational records. Dad's atty states that Dad is committed and will fight for the safety of his son.

Child's atty puts on one witness, the visitation evaluator hired in by the child's atty with the stipulations of both parents. Visit guru then details the hours and hours he put in reviewing the same records that Dad's atty just posed that he must have overlooked. Visit guru also notes what he found in the 3 CSD investigations against Dad's other ex-wife, the one who put bite marks and bruises on the boy before his trip to an ER, the one who attempted her own suicide in front of the boy, the one who self mutilated in front of him/taught him how to do it, the one who Dad tesified in a hearing years ago that he walked in on bad step mom beating the child and his response was to stand and watch dumbfounded instead of leaping in and pulling her off. That bad step mom also had other kids with Dad; two years ago or so, she coached her daughters to accuse child of sex crimes in a ruse to get custody of her girls from Dad. After that clumsy plot did not work, one of those sisters pushed child down a flight of stairs at Dad's home. Did I mention how child told Guru that Dad had been dropping child off to be watched at that ex-step mom's again??? Guru also cited child's flashbacks of the time Dad's car started smoking: Dad pulls over, opens hood, flames start, he pulls out his two daughters, moves them on the grass far far away from the car, then comes back to the car to call his dad for help while child is still restrained in his car seat watching the front of the car all torch up before he is let out of the car...

Dad's atty attempts to blame Mom during cross with Guru but makes no real headway. He produces NO witnesses, NO experts, to support his smear campaign against Mom. It's all groundless grandstanding to impress paternal grandparents that the $$$ they threw him got them SOME benefit.

Turns out the judge now assigned to their case (their prior judge with continuing case assignment had retired) is a former child abuse case and juvenile court case prosecutor. He was NOT a happy camper.

Judge rules with child's atty's proposal. Go figure. Thanks, Dad. Dad is ordered to start therapy with child immediately. FINALLY.

Now waiting for bills.

Wow...the story was worse than I thought. Kid's lucky to be alive!

Glad in the end the judge saw the truth in all of the BS.

Sorry about the bills dude. That's the part that sucks. I've sunk 30k into representation before. Unfortunately there's no cap on the price of freedom and sanity.

Back when I first dove into this pool, I knew Mom had her issues and that Sheridan had his. But I had only a partial picture of how oblivious, stupid and stubborn his dad was. When Sheridan wrote his letter to the judges back last may, the judge receiving the letter told Dad from the bench and wrote on the order that she was recommending dad start therapy with his son. Mr. "Committed and fighting for the safety of his son" did NOTHING to initiate any such therapy, and when Mom asked him about progress on that topic, he blew her off. When the experts recommended that for a month or so that there be NO visitation while Sheridan did EMDR therapy to neutralize some of the explosiveness of his emotions towards his Dad over Dad's misdeeds of the past, Dad's reaction was "so am I gonna get my visit hours this next Saturday?" like none of what was recommended or why even registered with him, and it seems paternal grandma is just the same way. Child's atty is skeptical that Dad will even go through with the therapy ordered by the judge yesterday.

But on a lighter note, Sheridan wants to learn to drive a stick on my Contour just like my adult son Andrew did; AF's son gifted us with a dog, and she's a sweetie; and thanks to the help of good friends, we have a daily driver to get Sheridan to/from school every day, and I owe you guys big time. It turned 199K on the odometer on the way to court yesterday.

Some people just refuse to listen to reason, even at the expense of others. I've dealt with many of those types in my life. Frustrating.

Sounds like dude has a fighting chance thanks to you and his mom. You're a good man Bob.

I'm also thinking of teaching my daughter to drive stick with my SVT. I think she can handle it...she's always telling me to slow down!

Sheridan's Mom here.

Sheridan's Mom here.

Thank you for your support. As for me - I am still in shock. For the last two years, I have not been pushy, argumentative, or demanding when Sheridan has asked, repeatedly, for his dad to start therapy. The whole point of this hearing - either make Dad go away or start therapy (With the order, even the child attorney doesn't think Dad will succeed/follow through on therapy = Dad goes away anyways). We'll know at a 3 month hearing status check. For the last almost 11 months, I have never fought the therapists, the Child Attorney; I have agreed to over - easily - 15 different versions of stipulations... anything to keep it out of court and have Dad start therapy. Funny thing, about 2 wks before trial, Dad says he will do what Evaluator recommends, visitation; but, not therapy. Then about 2 days before trial, committs to Evaluator's therapy recommendation but won't agree to the visitation. What!?! I even called him (after the last "take it or leave it") and begged, pleaded, even cried for him to just pick the Evaluator's visitation and therapy recommendation without trial. He said no. As it turns out, at the beginning of the hearing, Dad's attorney said they would conceed to the Evaluator's recommendation; "even through it is flawed." Dad is paying for Dad's attorney's children to go to a private school or retire early????
After, now 12 yrs of this crap (a break for the last 4yrs - I was trying and trying to positively co-parent), my side won again! Will he ever quit - I hope he goes away!

On another note -
Ok Shotwell... your daughter driving, hey? You can teach her to rev the SVT up to 7K on a shift from 1st to 2nd gear and then let the car just die (I think it went over 7k for me... lol) Happened about 4yrs ago, when I had the car detailed before Bob came back from a trip. Ok, I will say it was exhilarating! Hasn't happened since because Bob has me on a ball and chain... lol

Smiles

Sheridan's mom here again.
Forgot to mention something... Last 12 yrs, I have had only 1 attorney (in the very beginning) and have appeared in trial at least 6 times - one before an appellate judge - won all of them. I am not tooting my horn - "just stating the facts ma’am," dad is enough German to be stubborn but not enough German to be smart.
Oh, how my head will spin - thank goodness I have another "SVT family" we are helping. There is the Lord's Grace and Mercy!

Look how things have changed: someone let one of her alter persons take over; quit her multiple personality therapy (and cut son's own therapy); cut back on her meds (son's too); went back into flashbacks and acting out (OK, so acting out was not new), and the adolescent gets screwed AGAIN by an adult unable to put getting healthy and parenting right as the top priority. 2.5 years ago, he was getting his medical and educational needs met.

Bob is getting around by a combination of Tri-Met, borrowed vehicles (I owe the Jarhead, big time!), shoe leather, and Aussie has driven me off to light cigars and keep the world safe from excess pizza. Once I have my clothes back from their hold in purgatory, I will have gore tex necessary to bike during monsoon season. News today includes I may soon have access to my original svt pcm, maybe there's a way to see if it still works and has the dyno tune on it. Her attorney officially told me FINALLY today that Ms. Multiple Personalities moved last week, so I do not know where the car is with your svt pcm in it. She's driving it without insurance, with her driver's license at risk.

And if Woogieman is looking in, I missed that McClellin sack on Rodgers last night.

Has anyone heard from Shotwell?

Bob - glad to hear you are being cared for. Tell Aussie I have been trying to get ahold of him.
If she is driving the SVT around town, and you have a key........well, you get the idea. Seems this is YOUR ride, not hers.
Who ran it at Woodburn? Her? I think not. Who had it repaired (I was there!), guess again...Bob! Talk to me Bro.

There was only one key. she grabbed it. I suspect she figures to eventually forge my sig on registration or title documents, as she's demonstrated lying to her atty about releasing the computer to me when she had not, to the court about events she's claimed, to her prior ex-hubbys about events. She's been declared a lying fraud in writing by doctors. She told the landlord she had no idea of deals reached over prior rent disputes... after she threw away the records on those deals. And get this: She interrupted a pastor's sermon to have him change his topic to issues about trust... like she felt she couldn't trust others... after she'd accumulated a boatload of her own untrustworthiness. On one hand, she is not now the person I married. On the other hand, she reverted to the person she's been before. She's been consistent as one of them, too bad it is negatively so.

Bob - Here is my "professional" advice - find a pint of Alameda "Yellow Wolf" IPA. Trust me, this is good stuff. I can only hope it finds it's way on the Obamamcare Formulary!!

Tried a formula yesterday,... Mixed one changed locks landloird, added one Shotwell diesel Jetta alternator warning light, Aussie and Mrs. Aussie acting like they were heavy box flinging kids, and a honking healthy dose of Aussie reminders and perspectives washed down with some Widmer Hefweizen. I'd mentioned topics like clarity, wisdom and beating oneself up, and he started hitting the ball out of the park on every sentence he delivered like a batter on each swing in the old Home Run Derby B&W films. When you get him off topics of contours and politics, he's articulate for our higher power. Call me and I can be very clear and direct about how he was with me. AF does not hide his light under a bushel and there's this older guy upstairs who helps him with that.

Back