• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

10 30 Impromptu Mini Meet

DDV

CEG'er
@ Bugzuki's, to work on Tropictour's SVT.

Replace:
Lower control arms & ball joints
Left drive axle
L & R tie rod ends

Bugzuki taking a peek
DSC00485..jpg

WIP
DSC00486..jpg

Tropictour hard at work
DSC00487..jpg

Last edited:
Good times!

We had a little mini meet of our own down here. Aussie Ford came over to my place and we made a list of stuff to buy for my 2000 Contour. No work done, but hey. It's raining ;-)

Nice! I probably need to drop the sub-frame at some point and replace bushings. I get pops/clunks when backing out of the drive way and the wheels are turned.

We're having power issues at the house. One of the hot legs in the cable from the street went bad on Friday, so half the house didn't work (on side of the panel.) PSE came and installed an auto transformer that takes the one hot leg and feeds both sides of the panel with it. This morning the other hot leg failed :( No power -- running the critical stuff off an extension cord from the neighbors. Waiting for Potelco to show up and fix the cable.

-Lance

Oh you guys are spoiled having a buddy like that around to use his lift. Bugzuki, you the man ;).

That PGE truck would certainly already have a rear dome light installed, possibly even lighted switches and heated mirrors ;-)

Haha, that'd be hilarious.

All fixed now. Power feed was fried at a previous splice. Surrounding soil was...warm :)

-Lance

Haha, I have a generator but knew it'd be fixed today so I didn't really feel like digging it out.

There are plenty of UPS units around the house. It was the freezers and refrigerators I was most concerned about so I ran an extension cord from the neighbors (with permission!)

LOL...... WAY too much explaining going on there Lance...... I think you realize that mine is the only true solution since it includes a Tour and some duct tape (not specifically shown) Just put on the parking brake, set the cruise at 45mph and your generating somewhere around 50kw..... ;)

Back