• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Saturday 5/2 Mini Meet

shotwell

Veteran CEG'er
For no particular reason. Aussie and I are meeting up for a quick parts deal...might as well have a beer too!

We're thinking BJ's Brewery at Jantzen Beach on Saturday around 6 or 7 pm. I'm pretty flexible on that, so if that doesn't work let me know.

I'm about to get on the road, but I'll keep checking this thread for information. Hope to see you!

Awww man! I found out today that the SVT needs rear brakes. They're down to nothing. Not metal-on-metal YET, but very, very close.

Needless to say, it's parked for the weekend.

Well, I've been looking forward to a meet lately, but I don't think I'll make this one. I'm gonna be doing some side work today and probably won't feel like "popping" down to Portland. We should plan another meet soon though.

Awww man! I found out today that the SVT needs rear brakes. They're down to nothing. Not metal-on-metal YET, but very, very close.

Needless to say, it's parked for the weekend.
What!!! it only takes a few minutes to change the pads..... LOL no excuse there. :laugh:

We'd love to hear the smooth sound of your ride pull'n into the parking lot.:cool:

AF

YAHOO! It's raining! No Little League game today!
The odds of my getting to the Jantzen Beach pizza place tonight just jumped by 80%.

Would you guys be embarassed having a junky dirty contour show up?

I can pretend the no side skirt look is part of a weight stripping campaign for racing.
Like 164K miles is a fresh racing engine...

YAHOO! It's raining! No Little League game today!
The odds of my getting to the Jantzen Beach pizza place tonight just jumped by 80%.

Would you guys be embarassed having a junky dirty contour show up?

I can pretend the no side skirt look is part of a weight stripping campaign for racing.
Like 164K miles is a fresh racing engine...

That just shows how strong our will/bond is, :eek:

Love to have you some of us have yet to meet skinny bob:eek: No pun AU but thats what Amber at FAST refered to him as lol

Oh and BJ's pizza brewery is .5 miles from holliday in express but i cant find an exact adress to type in ........

Im 89% i will be there, im almost certian i have a tensioner/alt/pullie problem! So im really nervous about driving to far but i do have full GIECO, plus if i get drunk i can get a tow home, na i cant drink i have proved it time and time again, food will work though!

Wheres the Woggie/Groove/ and GREEN RANDY

I haven't heard from Woogie, but Groove thinks he'll most likely make it and Green Randy knows about it but is moving today. He said he might make it anyway.

AF

Right on! It'll be good to see you guys again. I'll be there at 6 for dinner etc. Come on out when / if you can! Don't be skeeered of the thunderstorms...

Unfortunately, it's now looking like I'm not gonna make it as my prior potential plans have now materialized. Grrr. Hopefully next time.

On another note, this is some crazy freakin' weather! Sun, rain, hail, wind, thunder -- sheesh!!

Marty

Where the hell is that?

Jantzen Beach is in Oregon RIGHT on the border with Washington on the I-5. It's a large shopping center / eatery / hotel etc. You can't miss it driving through. BJ's Brewery is right next to Denny's, which appears to be closed for business now.

Unfortunately, it's now looking like I'm not gonna make it as my prior potential plans have now materialized. Grrr. Hopefully next time.

On another note, this is some crazy freakin' weather! Sun, rain, hail, wind, thunder -- sheesh!!

Marty

Translation: All of those antennas work as lightning rods in this weather, so the car is put away for the evening ;~)

Right on! It'll be good to see you guys again. I'll be there at 6 for dinner etc. Come on out when / if you can! Don't be skeeered of the thunderstorms...

I was wondering status due to the weather, bring jackets!

I may wait till 630 to leave being im way down here in tigard and want traffic to clam down, i just ate so i wont miss much on that note. SHOTTY are you guys still going to be there at 7ish? From the way we talk im thinking 8 lol

Speaking of sunny days...

Does anyone have plans for the 4th of July?

I'm likely to be doing a repeat of an event from last year, inviting friends (Do I have any on this site, after posting on some of my political leanings?) to a bbq along the Willamette, it's lierally a ringside seat for the fireworks barge for the Oaks Park show... And OK, if you can't stand me, maybe your car would still be invited.

Any interest?

Yes, defeinte interest. I normally hit a party around Division and 82nd but I don't think I will this year. I'll let you know for sure when it gets closer, like mid June.

Dudes.....monica did a number on my bunghole lastnight. Keep us posted on the 4th of July gathering. Pdxsvt is ok in my book it's his car I hate, he's got more mode than me LOL

Back