• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ok so nobody's perfect

Aussie Ford

Hard-core CEG'er
Last weekend I got rid of a bunch of parts left over from mods. I ran across the mystique door panel I hadn't installed on my 95's passenger door yet and thought I'd better get that done. Of course there is always a plan and for this to happen, I was going to make up a new auto up/down door harness. The one that was in it was a Tour one and didn't have the under door light in it. So I grabbed up the two relays and the harness, and threw one together. Last night I thought I'd check to see if pin #19 had been put in when I redid the harness with the dash. Sure enough I'd been smart enough to do it then, so swapping out the harness and door panel would be a snap...... right!

Everything goes swell until I get to the finishing touches. I hadn't put bulbs in the harness yet so I had to dig out a little green one and a under door light one and test them..... OK..... now remember to test the speaker.... later.

Test the auto runs and they work fine, connect up the mirror and door lock and the rest of the stuff. Change out the mounting bracket.... Ok should be ready to put the panel on..... now where did I see that door handle pocket trim piece.... look everywhere finally find it in that place you put things so you will know where they are..... you know that place, right!!... put the vapor barrier on...ok get a little goo on your fingers...

Next the door panel.... what the heck it isn't fitting right???? found that I out smarted myself by storing another mounting bracket on the panel... ok remove that. Now why did I have the wrong screw in that place right there..... go dig out the right one.... now do I want to put the vent cover on yet??? na wait a few minutes until I put the rocker trim back in place and the soft trim panel under the glove box..... What the heck is that doing there????? The speaker is laying on the console..... LOL and that darn dog just lay there in the back seat, watching, and let me put that panel on without it in place... No ice cream for him.... er..... perhaps that's not a good idea... gee he has nice teeth!!

Remove the panel - install the speaker - reinstall the panel - finish the trims and FINALLY SUCCESS......

How'd your evening go????

coming next auto down rear windows! (no auto up on them)

AF

Your dog has hired me as his mouthpiece.

"Give me the ice cream. Or I get another piece of something in my mouth. Your extremeties have meat on them."

Back