• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

This should start this is no BS!

Aussie Ford

Hard-core CEG'er
Something I thought I'd never see here in pdx aka bike city usa, where the government it trying to get rid of cars, limiting parking areas, changing vehicle lanes to bicycle lanes, planning on building a multi million $$$ new bridge across the river for bikes & light rail - no cars, in fact baning cars totally from parts of the city ......

I knew no one would believe it so I was compelled to take a picture.

bikers ticket  04-14-09.jpg

That is actually a motorcycle cop giving a bicyclist a ticket for running a stop sign! and he was not alone his partner was just down the street doing the same thing!!!... what is left? I have now seen it all!

I need to take the day off and recover from the shock...... after all I'm an old guy and can't take the stress.......... Hey that must be what the perv mayor and his gang is actually trying to do..... I see it all clearly now he is out to get me......!

Hmmmmm...... I wonder if they have a white van in the city's motor pool?

AF

Yup; that's the way it's headed in Seattle.

A suburb, Lynnwood, recently installed bike lanes on three streets. Those bike lanes obliterated on-street parking for all the residents there. They put up a fight. Now the bike lanes are "on hold". On hold 'til it's not front-page news, would be my guess.

Hey, at least the bicyclist got ticketed. They are vehicles and are governed by the laws of the road.

You want a white van...

Aussie, are you saying you want to run one of the photo radar vans for the city cops, placed next to a bike lane?

With all the pedestrian cross walks on SE Belmont in Portland, I'll stop for bikes at those crosswalks... as long as they are walking them across. Otherwise, they can wait for their stop signs like the rest of us vehicles.

Im afraid to walk on the road now :laugh:... lol this is getting ridiculous with all the new laws and stipulations, i see how they are trying to change but not like this. Keep the cars, but make more trains and light rails... We need to follow Japans standards in transportation with their bullet trains and light rails, which are never more than a couple of sec late. And if the train is over 1 min, the people on the train get a pass that explains why they were late to give to their bosses.

At this very intersection about a couple of years ago.... This older lady drove up, stopped, then turned left. Some jackass on a bike ran the stop and went right in front of her car and got hit. Bike was all bent up and this jackass is laying on the ground waiting for the ambulance to get there..... screaming and cussing at this elderly lady because she didn't wait for him to run the stop..... Now the cops did write him a ticket for failure to yeild and disobeying a traffic control device, but that did little for the lady who was in tears over it. I thing if the cops hadn't been there I'd have pulled a dirty Harry when he shot the bad guy in the statium and then went and stepped on his wounded leg until he told where the victum was burried..... I'd have made that jackass appologize.

I just missed hitting a biker there myself about a week ago. If only I'd been in the truck rather than the tour.... I might not have slammed on the brakes in the middle of the intesection...... LOL

Then last night I saw a biker there slap a cars fender because it proceeded through the intersection after stopping and the biker didn't, but felt the car was too close to him. I tell you these bikers on this street are the biggest bunch of jackasses around and I'm surprised more aren't run over! One can't really fully appreciate the situation unless you happen to live on a bike route.....

My wife said the police were writing tickets all day long. If they start doing this all over the city the city could be out of debt and have a surplus of funds in about a week........ Hmmmmm this city having money..... that would not be a good thing either!

AF

DId you hear??? this made the news they wrote 22 tickets in one hour but they made it sound like that was all they did and my wife watched them at least one writing tickets all day long...

AF

Back