• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Running out of cheap mods!!!!!

Humboldtkill

CEG'er
This little hobby is getting expensive building 2 cars:nonono:

Neither the stang or the tour is complete and summer is here( i hope).

Next i will try to talk someone into doing the pillar pod and gauges. Im really wanting to do a DMD, Accusump and or the revised oil pan. I want to do more preventative mods to the tour for the next round. Im worried about a slight tick from the intake manifold. Sounds like a lifter? Maybe i will do an oil change and run the 6qts to see if that helps. Today i replaced the fuel filter and rigged up th PUD heat shield.

atvlmo.jpg

Nice addition. Accusump is a good mod to do. Eurotour has one for sale in the classifieds right now too. Pretty soon you will run out of "cheap" things to do....... good luck!

You can do the hightower headlights. It takes time, but is very cheap. Recontent stuff like the dash clock, glovebox light, mystique dome light, mystique door lights, deknauberize, paint the chrome ring body color (I want to cause I think it looks good), $40 HID kit (I highly recommend, one of the best mods I've done), short shift kit (also one of the best mods I've done), and fix stuff or replace missing trim pieces like those little screw covers behind the door handle. Just a few ideas...

When you do the pillar pods you want to do the mystique rear dome light since you make the connections in that area.

And I got a whole list of cheap thing to do you haven't even touched on yet...... LOL

Battery Relocation to the trunk?:shrug:.. Thats on my list first, then high tower... But where did you pick up that intake mod?

Good idea!!!!!!!!! Im going to start searching and looking at pics.I have a red top optima batt just sitting in my garage due to the stock wiring not being long enough. So rather that make them 3 inches longer i will just run them into the trunk. Darn you! I need to be putting cash into the stang!!!! Oh i should let it be a suprise but i got so greedy and have a Vadar carbon fiber cowl hood and nascar trunk on the way!!:shocked:

Oh i got the pud heat shield from a member, i did a WTB in the classifieds. Never know what ppl have to sell that is not listed.

When you do the pillar pods you want to do the mystique rear dome light since you make the connections in that area.

And I got a whole list of cheap thing to do you haven't even touched on yet...... LOL

You mean when you do the pillar pods:shocked:

Yes i want that rear dome bad:drool:

Optimize the TB?

Eyelids

I dont know how i feel about the eye lids???? Maybe with a new set of super clean headlights and a carbonfiber eyelid to match the hood and trunk would look good. And yes who is the authority when it comes to Optimize my TB? I would want it to be powder coated being the one i have from the 98 i have in the garage isnt quite as clean as the on one my 99. And i would have to send that one in as my 99 is a DD. Didnt i read someone who does the Optimize and sends it to a buddy for a deal on the powder coat, yeah yeah i will search lol

Back