• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

R.sway bar endlinks and bushings

Humboldtkill

CEG'er
Any experts here? I know the Groove knows whats up but im looking for pics of the rear sway bar enlinks and bushing to see whats up with mine. I was just under there and the sway bar has at least an inch of play and the bushings (at least one) is not even mounter to anything? This cant be correct can it?

will post pics here in a few....

Looks like it ripped out and it was crapily repaired and ripped out again!!!!!!!!!!!!

pass side
x2mngo.jpg

Driver side
2safiat.jpg

Ok i got my mustang mechanic on the job, he is going to take the rear subframe off and weld in custom brackets for the swaybar, i conformed it is a BAT 21mm. I also have a blown rear strut, im thinking the bullrun didi it, so shotwell was not the only victim from our meet(remember he warped his rear rotors). Now off to bat catalog!

Yep there are definately missing parts there....... Does Shotwell actually use his brakes enough to warp a rotor???? usually he is all go....>>>>>

Ok i got the Euro handling kit on the way, progressive rate springs with 1'' drop and the 4 struts. I also got the front strut bearings and front/rear upper strut mount/bushing thingy. I did not have enough cash to get the camber plates so i hope the 1'' drop does not hurt me to bad. My sway bar mount is now bulletproof:cool: I will post pics on what my guy did, he is a freakin whizz and said it was a pain but he would do it again so......Im talking into making him learn our tours because a masted welder/fabricator is very handy. He will do any of our local GEGers bracket upgrade for 350, first order the BAT HDclamps and bushings the sell for their modded rear subframe (30 bucks i think), as we all know their subframe is going for 485+ shipping if you can do it yourself ,if not its going to be another 150-250 in labor. So 350 is a steal i am very happy!

eteb8n.jpg

118psed.jpg

I can't recall how much I paid to have my rear subframe boxed up for the aussie bar in back, maybe like $275 or $300 when done by the subaru nuts at Rallitek in Portland and that was a few years ago. $350 now sounds like an OK deal, except some shops are hurting and may do it cheaper out of desperation with the slow economy.

Hey, with the rear BAT bar, how do you like how the car stays flat going around curves like a slot car? Watch out for the ramp from WB US hwy 26 onto SB OR hwy 217, save trying to take that right turn at 50 mph or more for when you have the accusump in.

And Shotwell's right foot only knows one pedal.

I know the exact turn you are talking about:drool:

I am amazed at how the car handles with the bar actually functioning, i can easily throw a pass into my lap,lol. I can not wait for my Euro kit to arrive.

A weird event today involving 3 different BMW's, all one one trip to 181st and back from Tigard. When turning left at the light going from 217 to I-5 north a nice 528i jumped into the left lane thinking i was an easy mark,hehe. I completely owned him on that hard left turn, i know it is a big body BMW but i know they kick but. If 2 cars can handle well its all about what G forces the driver is willing to take. On a left turn i will take all the G's my BFG's will give me and love it. Next BMW encounter was on the way home taking the ramp from 181st merging onto I-84(hard long right turn dam near a 270 degrees) Anyway a 90's 3 series cuts inf ront of me and dipps the turn, as you can imagine i was very pleased to see this. I was about 8 car lengths from him after i gave him some room from cutting me off and hammerd down! I actually put the clutch in to drop the RPM's(and save the motor) and slingshoted all the way upto his bumper (wish i could have seen his face in the rear veiw,lol) but sadly lost to much speed from the extreem corner to stay in 4th so he pulled 5 car length before i could gently drop it to 3rd and pull upto speed with him on the exit onto the straight away. When we hit 80 i let off and let him go. I dont speed much,i just like to own people in the twisties and my Valentine 1 is for show lol. 8 or 10 miles down I-84 im doing 10 over in the fast lane and pass another 5 series(or was it?) He gets behind me and we go through the corners, nothing to crazy just a little fun. When my V1 goes nuts a few miles away i slow down give him plenty of room before i merged into the slow lane. Right as i get over in my mirror i notice he flashed me with the high beams???? Then when he slowly passes he just looked over at me????? WTF This was an 2000-2001 M5 a serious piece of machinery. So my Q was......why the flash and stare? Was he letting me know he could have smashed on me? I knew that when i seen the M5 badge. Or was he simply saying nice job on hanging with a bid dog? I know i was not driving like an idiot. Maybe he was just in shock i was in a contour, he pissed himself. Who knows.

As I understand it the flash these days means he wants to race it......

He obviously didn't know you are the go-cart king and know how to hang in a corner...... LOL

According to Shotwell....... 3rd gear is your friend it will take you from 30 to 80... :laugh:

AF

I had a similar problem with one of my rear sway bar mounts, not to your extent though. Looks really nice now and I may have to consider having your guy box my rear subframe in. Where is he located at?

-3rd is a great gear, but 2nd on the bottle is something that should be experienced by all!

The next run everyone makes I wanna go play too, now that I'm back up here.

Back