• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

WTB- Tan Dash

Project SVT

Veteran CEG'er
Well I need a tan dash. Doesn't really matter the year. Just would prefer a year that doesn't warp so bad. But the car doesn't see much sun anymore so not a big deal. Would prefer someone semi close, then I can pick up. If we not we work out shipping.

let me know

Here is a thought for you..... Mystiques also had the tan dash..... I saw one the other day @ u-pull-it but someone had trashed it.....!

AF

I was going to pull a '95 tan one I saw at the JY and figured I would grab it the next time I was there. Next time, the car was gone :mad:. I would go to the JY as soon as you can and plan on being there for a few hours removing the dash.

I was going to pull a '95 tan one I saw at the JY and figured I would grab it the next time I was there. Next time, the car was gone :mad:. I would go to the JY as soon as you can and plan on being there for a few hours removing the dash.

The pre 99 tan color is actually pumice and does not match the prairie tan color that was used in the SVT & Mystiques. Assuming that Project SVT is doing a correct SVT tan interior. Could you make it work.... Sure the prairie tan is more like generic camel color so you could color it to match with SEM products.

Just miscellaneous thoughts for a monday...
AF

Yes true they do call it Pumice, but the SVT dash is pumice-ish colored and does not match the prairie tan seats and door trim anyway..... I would say get the best curl/warp resistant tanish colored dash, otherwise you are wasting your time replacing it.

SVT prairie tan interior:
newpics161.jpg

Pumice '95 interior with SVT rear seats, you can see the color difference of the pumice against the svt prairie tan, compare the color difference to the pic above:
Dsc00899.jpg

Nice pics and I agree the dashes never really match anything anyway..... But then if one is changing the dash our why not put the mystique dash in that has the driver side glove box and the instrument bezel has 6 screws rather than 5.

Then again I just like the look too.
new dash 1.jpg
new dash2.jpg

Well I need a tan dash. Doesn't really matter the year. Just would prefer a year that doesn't warp so bad. But the car doesn't see much sun anymore so not a big deal. Would prefer someone semi close, then I can pick up. If we not we work out shipping.

let me know

That would be anything Pre 99 but pre 98's are made to go with a different console too.

Aussie i have to say i love your dash. I already swapped mine out from the dash warp to the one with the plastic piece. Does that mystic dash have that protector plate? . . pulling a dash shouldnt take you to long, only about an hour if your doin it good and careful.

Thanks Sam,
Yes, I installed a 98 so it has that plastic defrost vent for the very reason you installed yours. I considered doing a 99 dash with the dash warp kit (w/o using the metal vent cover on top) also but, there I was at the JY and that dash was looking me in the face, and I could just get it done, and what can I say good cents prevailed....... LOL Now that was an expirence....:shocked: :laugh:

One extra note is the mystique bezel has an extra screw that helps prevent warpage around the instrument cluster opening.

Back