• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone done the stazi mesh?

Humboldtkill

CEG'er
I just got the 3 piece kit but wanted some input before i get out the scissor jack and taking chit apart.

Is the stock crap held in by bolts? Should the stazi mesh fit in with no mods?

Do a quick search on stazi mesh. I know there's a pictorial install on here somewhere.

I could not find crap for some reason but the gent i got the kit from shot me a few good links. I need to dig out my dremel and take a bit off so it fits flush, i wasn't sure how it would look and i'm not satisfied yet. You will see.

Looks good from the front
dhealt.jpg

efl2co.jpg

But from above not so good.
25gec8l.jpg

2d8neas.jpg

Just a little grinding and all should be good, will keep you folks posted.

Mind if i snag your old one from ya :shrug::rolleyes: lol... Im runnin with the stock Lx version so an svt one would be sweet!... Are u doing it all around as well? :shrug:..

Mind if i snag your old one from ya :shrug::rolleyes: lol... Im runnin with the stock Lx version so an svt one would be sweet!... Are u doing it all around as well? :shrug:..

The other grill is some sort of home made job but it looked good imo, i got the full 3 piece set i love the Stazi gen 2 style, i will be doing the bumpers when the weather gets a bit better and post pics. It is just the mesh, thats all i replaced,your chrome ring is good right? I will clean up the grill for you(i couldnt see how dirty it was until i took it off) and i can wrap it with you t-shirt and send you a package. If you can cover shipping thats all i would ask, prob cheap, im thinkin under 5 bucks? I will wrap it up Tuesday and see what it costs, i print out my postage so its a cake walk.

Let me know here is a pic of the grill
5uiyah.jpg

Yes i am doing the front and rear bumpers i cant wait:cool:

I didn't get a chance to wrap your package up today i was at the sherwood DMV trying to have my buddy register the stang in newberg to sneak past emissions. Oh i almost forgot. I ordered custom plates for the tour.

SVT-ROY

wheeeeeee im so:drool:

Can i snag the front bumper and rear mesh? . . lol ill give ya some money if ya want for them:shrug:... I have none now so it looks kinda funny with out them lol...

Yeah i will just cover shipping, i cleaned the grill mesh up a bit, you may want to clean it a bit more, and don't worry about the sharp edges the chrome ring covers up all that and looks clean as you can see in the previous pic. I will hold off and wrap it all up for you.i didnt get a chance to get them done today i had a buddy register my mustang outside DEQ area,lol Now i can put on my Roush ss tips and Autoloc flamethrower kit! Don't laugh at the custom box im a wizard with packing tape,cardboard and my Sog seal pup Elite. Next time i will give you guys the tip on free shipping boxes you can have delivered to your door!

UPDATED PICS

n50yup.jpg

33xwjra.jpg

Better from above now:cool:

119xy5t.jpg

2ntxrwg.jpg

Still gota get the rear done but the concrete got to cold today when the sun went down!

Finally done, for now....

111i5ci.jpg

For the rear i used screws with zip ties,for the front the stock clips seemed to work fine.
u7yhz.jpg

And the fogs, man i need to do the fog light mod, tomorrow?
300ab0j.jpg

Looks good. Great idea with the zip ties. You gonna cut 'em off?

That fog light mod will take you all of 15 minutes to do.

Yes i cut them of :laugh:

When i did the front i used a ziptie to hold my led harness out of the way and forgot to cut it off, when i left i heard a strange noise and pulled over very quick, i was all worried and then i seen the problem:nonono:

I looked at the fog light mod how to very cool. I'm going to grab clips now.

Back