• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

This needs to stop

Beowulf

Veteran CEG'er
I am driving way too much. 800 to over 1000 miles a week. By Friday I should hit 190,000 miles.

Crap.

Hey DDV, you break 50K yet?

Update - Hit 190K today. Jeebus.

Wow! It's probably time to clean up those secondaries. Have you looked at your secondary linkage lately? Most are missing one or both at that mileage.

I hope you're using Amsoil...your oil changes have got to be killing you!

LOL, I think DDV is over 60K now, but I could be wrong...

I'm in the 152K range. Right now I'm parked over some cooling hoses. I need to call Bill J and see how much they all cost, excluding the upper rad hose because I just replaced that.

I saw a mystique last weekend that had 216k on it and it sounded good, and ran strong. However you could tell that who ever did maintenance on it didn't know much about it.

50K???

You guys makin' fun of me??

I rolled over 80K a week and a half ago.

Still runnin' strong though.

Wow! It's probably time to clean up those secondaries. Have you looked at your secondary linkage lately? Most are missing one or both at that mileage.

I hope you're using Amsoil...your oil changes have got to be killing you!

LOL, I think DDV is over 60K now, but I could be wrong...

I'm in the 152K range. Right now I'm parked over some cooling hoses. I need to call Bill J and see how much they all cost, excluding the upper rad hose because I just replaced that.

Dude, I am so far behind on maintainence, I think sludge is holding things together.

Last repair was my brake hose debacle last fall (man the weather sure was nice then).

Back