• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

DEQ update....

Humboldtkill

CEG'er
Ok i felt bad for hijacking the portland area shop thread so i continued my quest for tags here.

I went to DEQ today and it was packed! I finally got up front and the car just died from idle. Tried to start it and got nothing, no engine turn or even dash lights, nothing. I waited about 30 seconds and it fired:shrug:

So i go through DEQ and the guy(idiot) could not find my OBD2 port,lol
And on top of that he said under my dash is all taken apart and tore up.
I kindly told him the cover is still off due to blowing fuses from my V1 radar, its not tore up those wires are installed by the state for my interlock device(duii). I kindly show him where the port is and he told me i should move it:nonono: I say whaaaa, he says its in backwards and the next guy may not look for it like he did. I got irritated and told him thats the factory location and deal with it or get bent. And i pointed to the gentlemen in the next booth who had found it in .2 seconds, whats your problem? After he got all buthurt and grumbled i passed and got my papers! YES:crazy:

All is good right :shocked: Oh no not with my luck, on the way home it died at a light, just a few blocks after leaving DEQ and the check engine light came back on! I was so close to failing again i am still in shock. I get home run the codes and i get p0174. After some searching ceg it seems a vac leak can throw that code also, so i figure since the maf and all that had to come off to install the headers a vac leak seems like a no brainer. I did a visual inspection and found a hose that connects on the intermediate pipe between the t-body and maf/air filter seemed loose and halfway off the line it connects to, i pushed the lines back on tight and cleared the code. After a drive cycle if the code comes back i will put hose clamps on and try again. Im crossing my fingers and hope its that line and not my upper o2 sensors! Will update after a drive cycle.

The check engine light is back! I clamped the end of the questionable hose so now just to make sure i will clamp the other end, clear the code and do a drive cycle:nonono:

Back