• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Custom end links??????

Humboldtkill

CEG'er
I wonder what these are worth? They are from a member here and from neco, current ebay bid is 49.99 so far.

rtqf68.jpg

Custom built beefy rear endlinks. These will fit the 98-00 SVT Contour, 95-00 Contour/Mystique and the 99-02 Cougar. These are Much nicer than stock and replacement parts plus they are serviceable; if something happens you can just replace the individual part that's worn for a lot less than a whole new link. and they are adjustable if desired, so if you want to dial in your suspension these are for you. Eitherway this is a great bang for your $

More Sets of these are available along with beefed up Front Sway Bar Endlinks if interested. Please contact me if you want more pictures.

Thoughts?

ceg member Bradness at redcoat raceworks has been making something quite similar if not the same for a while now.

I have a set and they are super sweet.

Im thinking they went or go for 80 a set now? Do they eliminate ripping out the R sway bar mounts that seem to happen often with the stock end links? I will throw a bid out.

I dont think they would influence the bar mounts since thats a problem with the design on the bar and the bracket.

I built those (and will build more sets if people want them, along with fronts) and the buyer decided he didnt want them and put them up on Ebay. if you want more info feel free to PM me.

i may end up doing a GB here in the next couple weeks as well.

I dont think they would influence the bar mounts since thats a problem with the design on the bar and the bracket.

Would that be the deign of the stock bar? I have a larger 21mm in the rear, and i wonder if my clunking noise is a broken mount? I read with the aftermarket bar you shoul use beefed up end links. We will see whats up when she is on the lift at FAST Performance:shocked:

I think you misunderstood. With a larger rear bar you're supposed to use a reinforced mounting point so they dont tear out the subframe.

Well if anyone finds a good shop to do the subframe reinforcement please let me know. I have a 24mm Aussie bar I need to put on. But I dont want to until I do the upgrade.
-tropictour

Well if anyone finds a good shop to do the subframe reinforcement please let me know. I have a 24mm Aussie bar I need to put on. But I dont want to until I do the upgrade.
-tropictour

We could do that - I have a welder. I guess that is if you ever bring your car over. I would have to look up the pictures of the fix, but it did not look very hard, from what I remember.

I have overhead lights in my shop now. They are still run from an extension cord, but it is much better.

Sounds good. I need to get a little more progress on that engine too. Ive been getting things otgether slowly. But yeah maybe we can line up a day during the week after you get home. I work on the weekends now so my days off are usually Monday and Tuesday.
-tropictour

Back