• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

portland metro area advice

I went to shift into 5th a few times and was already there,lol. The extra power is very crisp and noticeable. 2nd pulls so hard now. Local honduhs look out. Im thinking i will gain a lot of mpg mainly because of the unclogged cats(P0420). I would get 19 on the highway and city:shrug:

I hope now i get at least 25mpg. Whens the next Bullrun oh i mean meet:rolleyes:

I didn't go yet, i will first thing monday.

I had to get ready for a concert and ended up in the drunk tank:nonono:

Took a cab home at 6am, lesson learned again.

I had a few buddies drive up from cali and get me into the show vip status. I figured it would be ok, now i know for sure no drinking!

Im off to DEQ to see if i can pass. I WILL REPORT SOON. Ok neverming DEQ is closed Mondays?

They are just F'in with me now.

Just get her fixed up so it will pass emissions. You shouldn't need a special tune for that.

I'll send Chris an email and see what he's up to. Hopefully he has the parts in for his strut compressor.
Hey shotwell wondering if you have heard anything from chris. I got a box of struts sitting in my trunk, just begging for some attention.
Thanks Rob:laugh:

If you want to drive up just north of the Seattle area; I could install those for you. Did you get lowering springs too, or just new struts?

I replaced the springs on mine with H&R springs. But still have the original struts. I think it looks a lot nicer.

It would be very hard to find the time to get up there. Thank you for the offer.
I just got the struts. It does look alot nicer but i need the clearance so i didn't get the springs.
Thank you again Bugzuki

Hey RobFresh, I have a call in to Chris. He should call me back tonight. I'll try to get the ball rolling for you soon.

I would if i new how. I never have worked on cars before. My first car was a csvt that i got in 2000. Brand new had a warranty. Traded that in at landmark ford for a lightning in 03 wish i could have kept both. That had a warranty. This is my first used car so i have minimal experience and dont want to f anything up. Over time with guidance would like to do the work myself. I'm up to learning how

OK, Well we'll just have to get you an education. Next time we head off to the JY you've got to come with us. If you learn on a junker to take it apart then you will feel better working on your car. I'll call you.....

and BTW not knowing how is not an excuse none of us knew how until we did it....:laugh:
AF

I talked to Chris. He doesn't know when his parts for his compressor are coming.

I'l volunteer to help, but I just have too much going on.

Wouldn't hurt to pick up a Contour Chilton and read about it a bit. Going out with Aussie to the JY would be excellent too. They really aren't that hard.

Struts are in and feeling fine. I ordered plugs and wires last night wont get the wires till april {back order}. So that should be last thing i need to do for awhile. I will be taking it to a body shop for cosmetic flaws and a new paint job then she will be looking good. I cant wait

I put in plugs and wires for the first time. It went well very happy took care of the lag in power between 0 -3500 rpms. This car now runs as good as the Csvt that i use to have. I couldn't be happier. Super fun to drive. I want to thank everyone on ceg who has given good input up to this point.
Rob

Back