• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

You Got Rain ~ We Got Snow

Scorpion8

Hard-core CEG'er
Running out of places to shovel any more snow. It's thick on the roofs, 6ft tall on the sides of the drive, and 4ft in the yard. And me with no snow machine ....

HPIM0462.jpg

HPIM0459.jpg

HPIM0458.jpg

:shocked: you live in Alaska without a snowblower :dizzy:

Nope. Everything you see was hand shoveled. It's good exercise. And a great time to be alone with your thoughts. Of course, as I get older a snowblower will become more important, as those berms right now are reaching the point where it's tough to toss more snow "over" the top, instead of on top.

Ya might be able to get a good deal on a 2008 about now. At least one of the dealers down here has close-out pricing on last year's models. Think of it as a late Christmas present to yourself.

Supposedly there isn't a snowblower in town to be had. Sold out everywhere. Maybe this summer at yardsales I'll grab one....

Good exercise definitely. It doesn't look like you have that much to shovel anyway - with the driveway being so close to the road. I keep the area between my cars and neighbor's car clean, for some reason it always feels good after a workout like that.

And now we got rain. Lots and lots of rain. An avalanche just took out our hydro-power utility lines, so the town went up on backup diesel (again). I can see electric rates going up already....

Back