• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Gotta Love 'em!

DDV

CEG'er
B.F. Goodrich Winter Slalom tires, that is. Shotwell--remember way back when you were looking at them on my car?

They have been excellent in this ice/snow/slush stuff! Drove from Seattle to the airport this morning, then back up north to Bothell. Drove around all day with NO (zero) problems.

They sure beat the Blizzaks hands down.

Be safe out there!

David

Good winter tires are nice right now, but i just have given up on drivin for a bit ... Mostly just gettin around with the cousins audi s2 coupe!:rolleyes: which i have to say is absolutely an awesome car in the snow! for a 90's car its quite good... But as for the contour im not taking any chances on someone sliding into it, but the front bumper would be nice to be "taped into" :laugh::laugh: by someone

Winter tires? I wish. The 215-50-16s are not a big target for cable chain mfrs either. But with our fun combination of 6-8 inches of snow with drifts and hills and now some freezing rain on top of it, thank goodness for the Quaife.

Even the Quaife met its match yesterday afternoon. Another inch of snow and a bunch of freezing rain on top of it made a nice thick, dense mix too deep for the SVT, had to call a buddy to pull me out when I got stuck.

Right after I pulled out of the driveway this morning, I started having second thoughts. The car chugged and plowed its way through the 12 inches of snow and made it to a bigger road. The snow there wasn't any less, so I chugged and plowed my way to a yet-bigger road, where the snow was compacted. From there to work, it was okay.

Getting into the parking lot at work wasn't too bad. Had to barrel up a short little hill, then hit the 14 inches in the parking lot. More chugging and plowing.

Dug myself a nice little parking spot near the building and called it good.

Had Bugzuki on towing stand-by, just in case when I left to go home.

I'll say it again: I love these tires! Plus, I got a good deal on them at Costco last year.

Be careful out there!

I have to drive all day in this crap with morons. It can stop and go away.

I am fine with my ability to drive and judge road conditions, but it does get very tiring after 12+ hours.

I put studded snow tires on my old '79 Monte Carlo...been trudging around in that, funding OPEC. My Contour is sitting in my driveway with a foot of snow on it. I still have the S03 Pole Positions mounted! Quaife or not, it's not going anywhere.

Back