• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Snow n ice

Aussie Ford

Hard-core CEG'er
Dang it is a bit nippy out around PDX today..... Hope everyone in the area is keeping warm and cozy...... I'll try to make sure PGE keeps the lights on for you CEG'rs in the area..... :cool:

I've been at work on and off today .... more on than off and in case you were wondering the crazies are on the roads! :nonono: I saw a hotshot in a honda take the corner too fast try'n to make a light (can you believe it?) and slide across the road n hit a curb. About riped off his front bumper.... LOL that ricer deserved every buck it is going to cost him! :rolleyes:

He drove off with pieces hanging off his car... I tell ya they're :crazy: out there!

Aussie tip:
Don't leave your e-brake on in this weather. There's a good chance it'll freeze in place.

Thanks E-brake tip.Sorry SamSVT,did you get your ebrake unstuck? lol on the rice boy,hehe I got a picture of a 94-95 ss impala on main st today (with no chains)when my uncle took me to Round Table.I will try and post but i suck at it.Got a few contour pics also.I thought about making a snow mohawk on the tour for the freeze!

There's a constant glaze of ice, hoar's frost and "black ice" on the roads around here. I have studded tires on but have still skated once or twice. The best bet is a light brake foot and working grey matter. But the Contour handles ice n' snow pretty well.

as soon as i read that i jumped up and put mine down, i totaly forgot about that. Roads here now are completely frozen over.... Have to admit, i went to the comunity center and did a donuts... cant resist... need a 4wheeler to go have some fun now.:cry:

So I did my donuts in my 4x4... LOL and slid down some streets and took some corners too fast, climbed some hills too fast, and just had a bit o fun when no one was around...:laugh:

Well Good news! I just rocked her back and forth until she finally broke free:rolleyes:... The car i mean :laugh:, but funny thing my truck was sealed shut also that same day and i couldnt get into it... Kinda funny how things freeze closed, but i did my donuts in a Church parking lot :laugh:..
but the Honda would only cost him a mirror 50 bucks:rolleyes: so hes not suffering to much :laugh:

hmm, any advice on freeing an e-brake that is stuck open? this is really cutting down on the sliding, now I have to brake with my foot and lock everything up :mad:. Its still fun tho...

So this is what the car looked like before I dug it out and drove to work today.
I think it looks better covered in snow.
picture.php

oh and I got the E-brake free, massive fun not fit for posting on this forum followed.

:cry: So i had 8 inches of snow at my house, ill try and post some pics later but i tried to go out today, and only caused the Tour some harm :cry::cry:.. a little of me died today lol, the rear bumper is now scratched:mad: and im pissed at myself! ! Im not going anywhere till Spring!:mad::ma

Well here are my Tours as you can see they won't be going anywhere either 17.5" at last measurement.
The 99
06-08-08_1444.jpg
Day 1
06-09-08_1031.jpg
The next day
06-11-08_0825.jpg
Today

The 95
06-10-08_0850.jpg
06-10-08_0853.jpg
Yesterday

It isn't as much fun, but for this stuff my Ram 4x4 is pretty good.

Merry Christmas,
Aussie Ford

Today was my first day of pulling the SVT outta the driveway! And really the first day I could actually tell what kind of car it was LOL. Here's a shot or two... (for the peeps that don't know me, its a Silver '98 E0 SVT under there ha!) ...Psst, Hey Aussie, nows a good time for 'them defrost side mirrors HAHAHAHA...LMAO !!! J/K

Ithinkthatsmycar.jpg

<br>
YepThatsMyCar.jpg

Nice look'n SVT there my friend...... only one issue with the heated mirrors you gotta get to the button....:laugh:

Wonder if we can hook that to the remote...:cool:

hey Wired there's a project for ya.

AF

Back