• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Shotdiff and Aussie...

Beowulf

Veteran CEG'er
Thanks for your help a few weeks ago. Once I got my car home ($244 tow!!!) i took a look at things the next day, wiped off some grime and could see clearly where the the stainless braining of the cable had been rubbing up against the wheel well. Sure enough, the braiding had worn through and exposed the hose, which split of course.

Called a local stealership to find their price for a replacement hose and they wanted $119. For ONE. ONE FRIGGIN HOSE. Got on the phone to BAT Inc and ordered a new pair of stainless hoses and some slide pins for next day delivery (which was actually going to be shipped Monday, and this was on a Friday afternoon) total was $155. Oh yeah, got new bushings for the slide pins and new caliper springs as well. I was on the road Wednesday.

Turns out what I thought was leaking was just another random hole. Master cylinder, booster and etc were all fine. The reservoir was still half full when I got it home.

So glad that hose didn't go out when I was doing 70 down one of the busy Seattle freeways. I have been busy, so this is the first chance I had to post. Well, mostly. Packing up to move down to Pacific now, so just wanted to let you two know.

Thanks again.

No problem. You can call me anytime.

When are you moving? What is Pacific?

We should get together before you disappear from the NW. You know, see you off microbrew style!

I have been busy, so this is the first chance I had to post. Well, mostly. Packing up to move down to Pacific now, so just wanted to let you two know.QUOTE]

Hey--you'll have to keep us posted of the move date so we can send you off like Shotwell suggested.

Pacific is off of hwy 167 just south of Auburn. Now, if I can get Mike and David to move down south and Aussie to come up north, maybe we could have some more frequent get-togethers.

Pacific is off of hwy 167 just south of Auburn. Now, if I can get Mike and David to move down south and Aussie to come up north, maybe we could have some more frequent get-togethers.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. I am moving maybe 15 miles or less from where i live now.

So no massive relocation, but i am going to be busy working for quite a while. I make no promises about when I can make a meet again.

173K on the '00 now. 6 years as of 9/11 (yeah, bought it the first anniversary of 9/11/01)

COME ON GUYS... Im in Tacoma.... Not like im forever away...

btw...
1. WiredMotorSports - William T. ~Tacoma WA~ 98 green lit Black CSVT
2. shotwell - Mike ~Oak Harbor WA
3. DDV - David ~Bothell, WA ~ 98 T-Red SVT w/spoiler & E0 wheels
4. Barge ~ Everett, WA
5. tropictour ~ Renton, WA
6. 95Mike~Puyallup, Wa
7. Beowulf ~ Covington, WA
8. Bugzuki ~ Paul ~ Monroe, WA ~ 98 Black CSVT 3L
9. Troy00690 ~ Troy ~ Lynden WA
10. AnastasiaRae87 ~ Anastasia ~ Kirkland, WA ~ **2000 SE Sport Silver**
11. Trademark ~ Andy ~ Renton, Wa ~ 98 T-Red SE
12. Lance Kinley ~ Poulsbo, WA ~ 95 SE
13. SilvarSVTC ~ Renton, WA
14. SamSVT18~ Puyallup, WA~ CSVT99
15. Red99CSVT~ Oak Harbor, Wa ~99CSVT w/ a few bolt on's
16. mikey~ Black 99 SVT ~ Point Roberts, WA
17. 94ex~ T-Red 99 SVT ~ Sammamish, WA(come summer time)
18. Svtweeter ~ Jared ~ Bothell, WA *For Sale*
19. 95SVT ~ Paul ~ was in Monroe, now in Ephrata, WA
20. Project SVT ~ Black 00 SVT - Yakima, WA
21. 96 GL Purple(ish) ~ Federal Way
22. Ssaleen ~ La Center, WA
23. sprindle - 99SE 2.5 - Puyallup
24. Sleepr - Rob ~ Redmond, WA ~ '95 2.5 Midnight Red
25. auiotour - Llane - Auburn, WA - 99 CSVT
26. WingBender ~ Kirkland, WA ~ 96 SE
27. svt1480 - 00' svt 3L - everett, WA SILVER FROST
28. Fmonkey ~ Chris ~ Kirkland, WA 95 LX 2.5 and SilverFrost 98 SVT

COME ON GUYS... Im in Tacoma.... Not like im forever away...

Puyallup isnt far either! lol... I feel like its me and wired and purplish up here... i drive all over for work and school, like Auburn:eek: and Tacoma... We need to get them back onto the forum. So Pacific Highway? Or Pacific road?

I drive all day long for work, and I don't mind a drive...it is just trying to find the time.

Right now I have to find a new home for my dog Brewser. I had to move suddenly and was unable to find a place for both of us in time. I had arranged for him to stay with a friend, but my friend's dog took an immediate dislike to Brewser and didn't get over it. Trying to find a good temporary home for a 4 and a half year old APBT is a pain in the ass.

Look him in the eye...

brewser.jpg

Back