• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Leather seats

Snapped a picture of the new seats. Thanks Wired for the seats and helping with the install. They are far cushier than the cloth, the rear bench folds down, the driver's seat is powered now, and my butt dyno has become a bit more forgiving.
Now to swap the leather inserts out of my new door panels into my old door panels :laugh:.
Oh, and is that arm rest on the side of the driver's seat detachable? Its kinda unnecessary with the Pre-98 center console.

picture.php

Best mod I've done so far.

butt dyno - making up TQ/HP numbers for your car based on what your butt feels.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=butt-dyno
The seats make the car feel like it has 5 HP more than it did before the swap :laugh:.

But seriously, I never realized just how adjustable the power seats were. I thought they just went back and forth and reclined like the unpowered ones, but these even have adjustable lumbar support :drool:. New toys make my long drive seem a bit shorter.

Just how did you go about wiring the seats? Did you use the power from the seat belt sensor?

the harness should be there so it should be plug and play.

also as for the armrest take a look, it should just thread off of the seat. But then you will have a hole in the side of the leather seat. mine has been like this for years, just haven't gotten anything done about it yet ...

the harness should be there so it should be plug and play.

The harness is there, but it does not receive power, so I tapped off the positive battery terminal, went through the firewall, down the plastic trim by your feet, under the seat tracks, and to the plug. I grounded the ground pin out in the engine bay because I didn't want to tear the interior apart looking for a good ground. I plan to throw an inline fuse in next weekend when I can work on it again.

The harness is there, but it does not receive power, so I tapped off the positive battery terminal, went through the firewall, down the plastic trim by your feet, under the seat tracks, and to the plug. I grounded the ground pin out in the engine bay because I didn't want to tear the interior apart looking for a good ground. I plan to throw an inline fuse in next weekend when I can work on it again.

Did you put the fuse in the under dash fuse box? you should get power to the connector then. And too bad I didn't know about you looking for seats a month or so ago. There was a 95 SE with the right color of gray leather seats in the jy in almost perfect condition...... oh well.

That looks really good. I like em better than the SVT seats.

Im not sure i agree with you on that one... SVT seats for stock seats in a car are absolutely amazing... They hold you in so well and are nice a comfortable. ive been in newer cars that dont have as good as seats as the svt, and some racing seats dont hold you as well either...

Back