• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another Parts car...

:cry:Sad to say, Fmonkey bought the last Contour to put a newer eng. and trans in his 95. And today with a shade of bad luck rearended someone on the freeway totaling the one he wanted to fix.
So now along with the orig. 98 parts car we now have his once beautiful 95 LX. So for parts from either of these cars please PM Fmonkey or myself. Im trying to help him get rid of parts to help recoup from buying a parts car for the now wrecked car. His 95 has dark gray leather inter. I am going to get the center counsel but as far as that goes i believe everything else is up for grabs... uh, less the MSD headers and a few other things... but PM him to find out for sure....

He will be getting pictures for me to upload soon.
He is doing well just a bit shaken up, Good news though he still has his other CSVT to play with:shocked:, man ... wish i could say that:laugh: ....

Yes I'm doing a little better then I was earlier. Still very upset about the crash. I will get pictures up and a list of parts i want to keep and then everything else will be up for sale. Well I will send pictures Wired so he can make a post.

Wow, that sucks. I guess the accident was bad enough that reviving it is not an option.Glad your ok Chris, that's whats important.
When your ready to start parting it out I am interested in getting some gray leather seats.

Damn dude, that's rough. Good to hear you're ok. Ain't it great when life throws those little curve balls?

Keep us posted on when the next part out will occur. I'll try to make it next time.

Contour Vs Cougar

Contour Vs Cougar

m_ba10c514e31c88d7b6b245e0f8794e73.jpg

m_abd7658ea238c2df05ef9838c3159913.jpg

m_c0eb8d88d1f149a81caf7d2461ec13fb.jpg

Oh, cougar lost...

yes this is what caused the 2:30 back on 405 north on Saturday. I'm still very lucky no one was hurt in this accident. I found out that i have full coverage on the car, but it is going to be totaled because both air bags deployed and the frame and sub-frame are both bent. So yes this will become another parts car soon.

i wounder what they value our cars at:shrug:

Not much, My insurance said 1700 - condition - mileage - deductible - salvage value. they will take money off for every ding in the paint, every mark on the seats, and every blemish they can find. And they don't give you any bonuses for aftermarket stuff like expensive speakers, subs, rims, performance tires, engine work, or exhaust setups. :blackeye:

I think it depends on who's insurance it is paying for the car. When our 93 Aerostar got rearended 2 years ago they gave us like 2600 to 3000 and let us keep the van. We paid 2500 for it a couple years earlier.

If it would have been our fault, our insurance probably would have been a stickler.

Back