• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Schucks bought out by Oreiley !!!!

Humboldtkill

CEG'er
My buddy gave me the insider info.Schucks are slowly getting rid of alot of there supply.They are changing suppliers and some brands wont be back! Anyway check as often as you can to get them good clearance deals.I just made out like a bandit yesterday.Im thinking EBAY!

Yeah theres alot of stuff that O'Reilly doesnt carry. Raybestos and Autolite names will go away and make room for Carlson and I believe Interstate. They have alot of O'Reilly branded product. I never had any problems with their parts when I lived in Houston. The whole transition will take about a year to reach all NW stores. Im not sure what their gonna do about the Nationals at SIR.
-tropictour

Was this strictly regional, or state-by-state? We have Schucks in Anchorage, and one just opened last month in Juneau.

I stopped in our Schucks today, and they were already stocking and selling O'Reilly Motor Oils. The salesman mentioned they had been informed right as our store was opening, and the name change should occur within a year if they do that. But man-o-man they were expensive on some rear sway bar end links at $29.95 each plus I'd have to pay shipping. I'll check out Rock Auto instead.

Schucks does not charge shipping on parts that they order. You were misinformed.
-tropictour

Au contraire, mes amis. Schucks may not charge shipping when they can get it from a store across town or another in a nearby town, but when they have to mail it from Seattle to the end of world here or slap it on the next barge, shipping is definitely charged and added on. EVERYTHING up here has and added shipping surcharge/barge fee/legal theft charge added in.

Well I do not know about Alaska, but when we order a part for a customer at my store we do not charge any extra costs other than tax.
-tropictour

Back