• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Oregon folks attending 10/18 meet

Woogieman

CEG'er
Hey guys. I figured we should all meet some where and drive up to Washington together. I don't know where everyone lives so I'm not sure where the best place is to meet. I live in the Beaverton/Aloha area & I have no problem meeting up with you guys in Portland some where if that works best. Just post in here so we can all decide what works best.

-Aaron

How about 7:30a at the Delta Park Elmers resturant. We have breakfast and leave around 8:30a for the meet which is about 1 1/2 hrs drive north. That should put us there about 10a right on time. If you don't want to have breakfast there we can still meet there.

AF

How about 7:30a at the Delta Park Elmers resturant. We have breakfast and leave around 8:30a for the meet which is about 1 1/2 hrs drive north. That should put us there about 10a right on time. If you don't want to have breakfast there we can still meet there.

AF

1.5 hours? that does not seem to bad.The only thing im worried about is the time! 730?! Thats a few hours after my bedtime j/k But seriously i go to bed around 4am I work on ebay later and later now my hours are screwed up bigtime! Oh my Valentine 1 should be here today! If i decide to go i can lead the pack!

Check out the info under It's about time on page #2 skip the breakfast and just join us at exit #68 (iirc) in wash. Bring your plugs and we'll throw them in quick like.

PS bring that shift knob for Shotwell.

We're not eating at exit 68, just meeting there. We're planning to drive east to Randle and have lunch. That's about 50 miles. If we leave the exit 68 area at approx 1030 we should be in Randle just in time for lunch.

Probably a good idea to hit some breakfast around 730 or 8. If you guys get out of Portland by just before 9 you'll be at exit 68 on time.

I have friday to decide if im rolling out with you guys.I got my valentine 1 radar in today,its friggin sweet! The drive looks fun i checked it out through mapquest..........:shrug: Kind of a long drive rolling solo :nonono:

Alright guys (GrooveNerd, Aussie), what's the plan? Are we meeting at the Elmers in Delta Park at 7:30AM? I don't really care where we eat breakfast, or even if we eat breakfast. I would just prefer to drive up with you guys &/or anyone else that's going to the meet.

I would think it's safe to say that those who don't want to get there at 7:30AM to eat breakfast, could still meet up with us at around 8:30AM so we could all still drive up together. Let me know what you guys think.

-Aaron

so where are you guys meeting at and driving at excactly through washington up to the meet? you comming close to yakima area? it'd be gay to have to roll solo

I'm gonna try to make it to Elmers for breakfast with everyone. Worst case, I'll just get BK on the way there and meet up at 8:30 before everyone heads up north.

Unfortunately, we're just going up I-5, Project SVT, so we won't be heading east first. I don't know how far east we'll end up going after we all meet up, though.

**Bring an FRS radio if you've got one, so we can communicate car-to-car if we need to!** :)

Marty

Last edited:
so where are you guys meeting at and driving at excactly through washington up to the meet? you comming close to yakima area? it'd be gay to have to roll solo

Im meeting everyone at exit 68 on I5 at highway 12.....10am....I hope that is correct.Solo would suck,my old timer Uncle is going with me.hes totally chill he acts more like 25 than 55,lol Im not an early bird so i almost neglected the meet.I figured how many chances do i have to get together with this many Tours at once.How many total will be there? Im looking forward to the twisties! I dont have the power as some of you but my handling is top notch with the zrated tires freshly balanced/rotated/ syped /alignment/new stock front brakes(until i upgrade to qwikndrty's sweet painted calipers) and ugraded rear sway bar /strut brace.Im bringing 2 cameras with fresh batteries.I think the svt shiftknob for shotwell is in the attic! I might monkey climb up there if i get up early enough?

We're going at least 50 miles east to Randle. We'll probably be there around noon. It's a ways from Yakima...about 90 miles west. It would be worth it though. That's probably where we're going to spend the most time.

I'll see you Portland guys at Elmers. I'm thinking pancakes....mmmmm.

LOL, the bullrun will be after Randle. Those forest service roads are twisty! Thankfully they're all paved, at least the last time me and Marty were up there.

Back