• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

local welders??

anyone local have a welder and want to get together and make a few short shifters??? I got the know how... just no welder anymore... hmm... we can do more too, give me a welder and metal and its ON.

I also want to put some material together to do a B pillar bar for seat harnests and cam mount.... Hmmmm... see why every american household NEEDS to have a welder..... just gotta....

Go buy a little one at walmart or something...they're fantastically unreliable and the lack of shielding gas makes for horrible welds. Even the ARC welders (even though no ARC welder requires gas) are terrible. Please do not buy one of these welders, they won't ever stand up to the task of welding automotive parts. I was just kidding when I suggested one.

Fixed:nonono:

actualy ive found that the 300 one at harbor freight worgs great. it is gas fed and as well can do aluminum (sp?) and the one my dad got lasted threw three classic rebuilds and still going... so for me its just waiting to get the cash together...

I could work with you on that shifter project. I have a Miller Dynasty 200 TIG welder just waiting for more projects.

Edit: Lakewood is a little south of Monroe, but we could work something out.

Back