• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IT's ABOUT TIME!!!

Aussie Ford

Hard-core CEG'er
Summer is coming to and end and I know everyone has been busy.... but now that the babies have arrived and life is approaching normal or as close to it as it ever will for the next several years..... (babies include new engines too....LOL) We need to meet up and do something..... SO I propose that we start the discussion here and plan for an event the weekend after labor day..... or????

I know a lot of folks have been working hard and not even really taken time to enjoy the summer or their tours... Well it's about time to correct that error!!!

What direction do we go?
Do the PDX'rs meet up with our Washington friends?

I for one would go for a grub and gab somewhere around PDX to talk about it.....

SOooo Lets get started who's in?

1) Aussie Ford

Right on! I'd love to be part of a meet before the summer slips away. I'll already be down is Portland for Labor Day weekend, also Sept 12-14th. Any other weekend than that I probably won't venture further than Seattle for a meet.

I think we should do a fun run!

1) Aussie Ford
2) shotwell

I'd be interested to get together soon, although I have to fix my side skirt again, and there's a new CEL showing up... But hey, I washed my car (finally)!!

And there MUST be an optimized TB ready and waiting for me. A local meet would be good for picking up that optimized one (Are you game for that, QUIKNDIRTY?) and pulling out the ugly old 63 mm TB to optimize up.

Well, I was trying to get some mods finalized before another meet, but one of the parts I'm waiting for is taking to long to arrive:mad:. I'd really like to meet up before summer is over too!

1) Aussie Ford
2) shotwell
3) PDXSVT
4) Woogieman

We need to get more upper wa ppl to go so we can convoy to OR... If we are doing it in OR that is? Ne Plans on where yet? How bout when? Doing what?? We can bring the BBQ 10x10 chairs and what not....

1) Aussie Ford
2) shotwell
3) PDXSVT
4) Woogieman
5) WiredMotorSports

When and where would be the determining factors, but you can always count on me to say "maybe!"

1. Aussie Ford
2. shotwell
3. PDXSVT
4. Woogieman
5. WiredMotorSports
6. DDV

Where and when is open for suggestions...... For the when I put forth Sat 9/20......

1. Aussie Ford
2. shotwell
3. PDXSVT
4. Woogieman
5. WiredMotorSports
6. DDV

I don't think I have plans on the 20th yet, if that works for others.

We could try a meet-near-the-middle run, to try and get a decent turnout from both OR and WA. We've talked about doing a Highway 12 drive to eastern WA or something like that. The people from up north could circle around and go back home another way, and the OR people could head south and come back along the Columbia or some other route. Or, everyone could stay together and split up back by I-5 again.

Otherwise, there's always a trip to the beach. I'm not familiar with stuff to do in WA coastal towns, but there are bumper cars and things in Seaside, OR.

Also, there's a driver's school at PIR on Sept. 11/12. I'm not sure if there are spaces yet, but I'm checking on it.

Marty

1. Aussie Ford
2. shotwell
3. PDXSVT
4. Woogieman
5. WiredMotorSports
6. DDV
7.Fmonkey

Ya I will be down to a meet up but I will have to see if I can get my car fixed in time for the drive.

1. Aussie Ford
2. shotwell
3. PDXSVT
4. Woogieman
5. WiredMotorSports
6. DDV
7. Fmonkey
8. 96 GL Purple(ish)

Its about time we did something. I may not have the flashiest car around, but I would like to take it for a good run down some twisty back roads (with company for once:cry:).
I can drive some distance to a meet, but Oregon is pushing it. Unless Boeing machinists go on strike next week, then I'll have more time than I know what to do with.

1. Aussie Ford
2. shotwell
3. PDXSVT
4. Woogieman
5. WiredMotorSports
6. DDV
7. Fmonkey
8. 96 GL Purple(ish)
9. project svt

what the hell, i'll put my name on the list.
it just depends on where everybody is gonna meet up and all that stuff.

I do like the idea of meet'n up with our washington friends, but not knowing much about that area I'll have to leave it to the rest of you for trip info. I agree we gotta get this plan moving.

Lets either hear proposals or go with what has been presented.

AF

Friends,
A family emergency has come up and I must go to Wyoming perhaps for a couple of weeks.

Please go on with the plans.... get together.... have some fun and take some pics for me if I do not return in time to join you.... But HAVE A MEET darn it......:laugh:

Regards,
AF

PS someone PM Mosh make sure he shows up with his 3L

Back