• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Kinda quite?...

SamSVT18

CEG'er
So guys no one up for a run? or anything going on in there cars?... well if anyone knows how to do break jobs on svts and switching from normal rotors and breaks to drilled and slotted and everything might need some help in the near future... :laugh:... got enough money just need to pick some out... any suggestions? also would they fit on the 16 in rims i have? .. stock E02? the newer ones :rolleyes:

So guys no one up for a run? or anything going on in their cars?... well if anyone knows how to do brake jobs on svts and switching from normal rotors and brakes to drilled and slotted and everything might need some help in the near future... :laugh:... got enough money just need to pick some out... any suggestions? also would they fit on the 16 in rims i have? .. stock E02? the newer ones :rolleyes:

and its spelled QUIET

anyways, drilled and slotted rotors arent necessarily bigger. just drilled and slotted. people have had good luck with the ones on ebay. they are a direct replacement(same size). to take a rotor off of a car is the most mindless thing you can do. its two bolts to remove the caliper. after that is off, the rotor just comes off

sorry for being an a-hole

Ya i kinda realized that after i posted the thread that i had spelled it wrong :p... it was late and ya ... but im not just doing the rotors also break lines and pretty much the whole system... but ive done the breaks on mine before so i got the jist of it... also though any brands that are better for the price or ones that i should look out for?

I see you need a front bumper and sideskirts. There are black ones here:
Ace Auto Wrecking
742 3rd Avenue
Longview, WA 98632
Toll Free: 1-800-562-8692
Local: 1-360-423-0370
Fax: 1-360-575-9483

AF

Ya i kinda realized that after i posted the thread that i had spelled it wrong :p... it was late and ya ... but im not just doing the rotors also break lines and pretty much the whole system... but ive done the breaks on mine before so i got the jist of it... also though any brands that are better for the price or ones that i should look out for?

And you spelled "BRAKES" wrong again...twice. :nonono:

OK!... So it was mother :censored::censored::censored::censored:in late!... and i was tired!... GOSH!... Well thanks for that info on the wrecking yard!... ill have to give them a call ... much thanks man...

Dam... thats pretty much oregon man... but ill call and check it out... its worth me drivin down there to get the things i need... :rolleyes:

Hey Sam check see if they have a pre 98deck lid in black with lights. Im lookin to swap mine out... If so Ill make the run with you there and we can strip what they have lol... I work m-f so pretty much any weekend i can make a run..:laugh:

Im thinkin bout hitting a few yards tomorrow. anyone up for some hunting? Ill have my van so we can get decklids and what not. Not sure what im lookin for, but ill know when i see it... So if your bored and want to search too hit me up...:laugh:

Well i went down all the way to the yard ... called before hand and asked if they had an SVT down there, and of course the dumb dude didnt know what that was and said no... then 30 min he called me back and said they did... so i drove down there and when i got there i found out they didnt have sideskirts which i had asked them about and the front bumper was unusable :cry::cry:... all i got was some fog lights and a hood : D ... so it was kinda worth it... but ya junk yard hunting im down for .. there is one off of meridian that i havent been to but i heard they got a lot of stuff there so maybe get lucky ...

/Users/hygiene1/Desktop/SVT.jpg
This is what i found while i was there :cry:

Ya thats not a viable link.... Ya there is one thats pretty sweet. The yard is HUGE and they have a lot of good stuff there. They want u to tell them what you are after so they can quote you cause they do like 50% new for costs, vs standard pricing, but they have good finds there... Let me know when you plan on heading there and ill try and meet you for the hunt.

Not as quiet at the drags

Not as quiet at the drags

This upcoming Sunday, August 17, is likely the annual Ford day at Woodburn drags... I'm checking to see if my gearhead buddy Pat is taking his 302 Pinto.

Back