• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ALASKA??

funinak

CEG'er
Any other Alaska CSVT owners out there?? I KNOW I saw a silverfrost one last week on the highway. Or what we here in Alaska consider a highway:laugh:

Haven't seen anyone in years. Not sure if it was you that posted on the old board.I would run search on the old board and on the archive. They may still live up there but no be active.

There are more than you think, a buddy of mine is in a sti club in Anchorage, then again Palmer is a ways from Anchorage,lol

There are more than you think, a buddy of mine is in a sti club in Anchorage, then again Palmer is a ways from Anchorage,lol

STI club... well more ppl own them up there because of the awd and so thats probly why. but contours i woulnt think and know dont do good in snow!

STI club... well more ppl own them up there because of the awd and so thats probly why. but contours i woulnt think and know dont do good in snow!
Actually with a NICE set of 4 studded tires on her, the SVT has been one of the best cars we've owned for bad road traction, hands down. Most FWD cars are one of the best vehicles besides the obvious AWD's. I've seen more 4X4 SUV's & Trucks flipped over, in the ditch, on their side, and crashed on the roads up here in AK than anything else!! I own a 4X4 truck and when it's in 4WD is fine. But when it comes to stopping, I don't care IF you have a dually, once you start sliding it's ALL OVER. Your along for the ride. The SUV's and trucks being higher off the ground go farther into the ditch and off the road and tend to end up worse off than anything else. Sure if the snow is 6" deep the Contour isn't my best choice, but for day to day winter driving it ROCKS!!:laugh:

Yup people think cause they have awd or 4fw they can do whatever, awd and 4wd has nothing to do with trying to stop on a sheet of ice.

Leaving tomorrow and hope to get back up soon (maybe Spring). My bro-in-law is a youth pastor here and they are getting ready to move to Homer so we are helping them pack, a little bit of a working vacation...

Leaving tomorrow and hope to get back up soon (maybe Spring). My bro-in-law is a youth pastor here and they are getting ready to move to Homer so we are helping them pack, a little bit of a working vacation...

I hate you, I am soooooo ready to go back for a while. I have alot of friends there in Wasilla, and yeah I remember carrs.

Cool. I've got some friends in Homer amoung other places!! I am the youth Deacon at my congregation here in the Valley. What church will he be working at?

Back